Senior Software Engineer – PHP – Cardiff
LexisNexis Risk Solutions is seeking a Senior Software Engineer with a strong background in PHP to join one of our Cardiff based development teams. Our teams are agile, supporting multiple products with a challenging and exciting roadmap and opportunity to contribute significantly to the success of the organisation.
The successful candidate will be provided with training on our big data platform, HPCC (hpccsystems.com) and will have the opportunity to develop on this platform on a regular basis.
LexisNexis Risk Solutions is a leading provider of innovative solutions for significant risk data analytics challenges. We are a forward thinking, progressive organisation that provides tracing and data cleansing solutions, in addition, deliver critical and decisive processes for identity verification and compliance due diligence. LexisNexis is part of RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers. Our products are continually evolving, and that’s where you can help.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll be a leading member of our team working with a diverse range of technologies and disciplines. You’ll enjoy working in a friendly environment and benefit from our investment in staff. Do your skills meet our requirements?
• To provide all round solution design, development and diagnostic services using modern PHP frameworks and technologies for our web applications, web service solutions and batch processing services
• To provide technical leadership to our cross-functional agile product development teams
• Work closely with product and project management to deliver timely products and enhancements
• Extensive PHP development skills using modern PHP frameworks, grounded in PHP-FIG PSRs
• Working experience in Kanban or scrum
• Good understanding of modern development Build, Test and Deployment pipelines
• Experience working with Relational databases
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with a customer-centric approach
• A strong understanding of SOA and API concepts, including security
• A strong working knowledge of application development tools and methodologies
• Experience of querying distributed data platforms and data warehouses
• Experience of TDD for contributing to automated test packs
• Active participation in the development community
• Experience of MV* front-end frameworks
• Practical experience of message queuing systems
We’re a superb company to work for, with great people, world class technology, market leading products, a culture of innovation and collaboration, and superb career prospects
At LexisNexis Risk Solutions, we believe in the power of data and advanced analytics for better risk management. With over 40 years of expertise, we are the trusted data analytics provider for organizations seeking actionable insights to manage risks and improve results while upholding the highest standards for security and privacy. Headquartered in metro Atlanta, LexisNexis Risk Solutions serves customers in more than 100 countries and is part of FTS 100, RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries.
LexisNexis is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.