The National Implementations team is responsible for Zipline’s success in every country. The end result is the transformation of a country’s logistics infrastructure for the 21st century.
As Zipline’s Head of the Rwanda Implementation team, you will grow relationships with senior government officials and develop processes to integrate Zipline more deeply into the healthcare system and national airspace. You’ll build and train the implementation team to be the voice of the customer that drives engineering and operations roadmap. You will fuel Zipline’s growth from the beachhead market in healthcare to other sectors of the economy enabling 1000s of flights per day.
The role will require living in Rwanda and occasional travel to the US.
Within 1 month you’ll:
- Understand Zipline’s technology in detail and distribution center operations in Rwanda to clearly articulate the value proposition
- Develop a deep understanding of the customer by visiting health facilities and meeting government stakeholders
- Co-develop a strategy with Director of National Implementation to enable ordering and fulfillment that scales from 10s of SKUs to 1000s of SKUS from 1000 facilities
Within 3 months you’ll:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the Tanzanian healthcare supply chain and requirements for integrating into the Tanzanian airspace
- Create and implement processes for integrating into the Tanzanian health logistics infrastructure by working with Zipline engineering and operations teams
- Design a system for onboarding multiple facilities per day to Zipline working closely with operations and engineering teams
- Develop a model for customer success across 1000 facilities, then hire and train the team to interact with health facilities (doctors, nurses, pharmacists, lab technicians)
Within 6 months you’ll:
- Onboard the first 100 facilities and open a second distribution center in Tanzania; collect feedback and improve the experience for the next 1000 facilities
- Develop and implement creative solutions to issues that arise from scaling Zipline with support from operations and engineering
- Gather data and stories to communicate successes with all stakeholders (senior government officials, local officials, doctors, and citizens)
- Identify new market opportunities in Tanzania and move leads through sales pipeline with BD