Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Introduction to Dell-EMC CCO (Chief customer office):
With the creation of Dell Technologies, Michael and the ELT have made a significant investment to create a Chief Customer Office, elevating the role of the customer in our decision making and definition of success (e.g. Net Promoter Score) and in our culture (e.g. Customer First in the Culture Code). The CCO is a global team focused solely on advocating for our customers to create a consistent & positive customer experience that differentiates Dell & creates financial impact through greater customer engagement and loyalty.
This is a corporate role covering all customer segments, Enterprise, Commercial and Consumer/Small Business. The candidate will work in cross-functional teams with business stakeholders, functional partners, external consultants and internal teams (engagement-specific) to consensually align problem statements and support engagements concluding with executive presentations and thoughtful recommendations to our business stakeholders. The position will report into the Director of Analytics and Strategy within the Chief Customer Office, based at the global headquarters in Austin Texas.
CCO Analytics group:
You will be a leading contributor in the most transformative projects in the Data Science team which is passionate about data-driven decisions, applying technology and continuous learning. You will be part of end-to-end analyses, including defining problem statements, hypotheses testing, summarizing findings and quantifying CBAs that deliver industry-best customer experiences resulting in improved financial results for Dell. This role is for team players with a successful track record of preparing rigorous and insightful analytics both as an individual contributor as well as in cross-functional teams. He/she would work well with virtual teams, be comfortable with working with senior executives, and be driven by a customer-first, win-win philosophy. To be successful, the candidate must demonstrate strong critical thinking and problem solving capabilities.
- You will work with stakeholders and support developing problem statements, establish / test hypotheses, liaise with business stakeholders and advocates to track/deliver use cases.
- You will work closely with data sciences and engagement leads to test, refine quantitative models at the POC level, and scale for the population with stakeholder sign-offs
- Collaboratively identify and define appropriate data for analysis. Perform statistical analysis and bring business context to ensure there is meaningful economic value from the engagements
- Present and articulate findings to stakeholders with concise and actionable insights
- Propose and implement business metrics for management reviews
- Lead and own data prep, own validation, connect data across systems and platforms
- Leverage large volumes of data inputs (surveys, social, voice of sales, quality data, financial performance, repurchase behavior, voice of field, product surveys, loyalty metrics etc.) to develop the single-source of truth for the state of our relationships with our customers
- Participate in reviews and share insights, including moments causing defection and loyalty across sales, marketing, services, and operations
- He/she will work with the data scientists to create new tools, solutions and features that support sophisticated analytics within the database. She/he will assist in driving initiatives both internally and within cross-functional teams, mindful of priorities and resources
- Research and test algorithms' efficacy (i.e., by applying to test/sampled data and assessing accuracy/fit/predictive strength) for differing analytical use-cases
Techniques and Tools:
- Teradata, Greenplum Experience SQL, PL/SQL, Data Modeling, Data Warehousing Concept & SDLC Skills
- Big data analytics in Hadoop environment with R / Python / Java
- Strong technical aptitude of network, systems and applications
- Strong experience/expertize in experimental design, computational analytics, data visualization
- Propensity modeling, cluster, regression analyses (and others) for the commercial and enterprise customers, integrate impact into R&Os for future incremental economic value
- Appropriate understanding and ability of complex organizational data architecture
- Strong statistical and quantitative aptitude
- Solid grounding in project leadership/delivery and an ability to engage and deliver project outcomes
- Apply predictive modeling and Data mining techniques for a variety of user modeling tasks
- Conversant to work with large volumes of functional and business data sets
- Be conversant with strategic trade-offs | profitability dynamics for transactional / relationship businesses
- Conduct pilots as required that measure viability and execution capabilities of E2E customer programs
- Data sciences / Computer engineering / Management Information Systems background with a passion for analyses, conversant / certified in data mining techniques, SAS, R, elastic data. Master’s / PhD preferred
- 5+ years of experience in business analyses and data sciences, preferably in enterprise technology sector
- Ability to work cross functionally, so preference is for an individual that is not an expert in one area but has had roles across the value chain
- Confidence to take unconventional positions when supported by fact and experience
- Excellent track record of handling ambiguity well
- Strong communications and presentation skills at all levels
- Establish strong relationships with sales, marketing, product groups, service, operations and finance and be a thought leader to take Dell's CCO to the next level
Self-driven individual, demonstrating continuous learning and creativity, and is naturally collaborative