Responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining build automation tools to support the software development for continuous integration builds and auto deployments of artifacts. Proactively observe engineering practices and recommend systems to solve problems or alleviate pain points.
- Develop and follow best practices for tools and automation development, including; versioning practices, source control procedures, branching patterns, and release standards.
- Build and maintain deployment automation, system configuration, custom tools, and processes to support Production Operations and Project Delivery.
- Build new servers from the ground up and configure the necessary software in order to prep it for application deployments.
- Configure application servers for high availability.
- System administration of Linux / Windows servers.
- Implement / maintain dev ops tools such as Ansible, Docker and Chef.
- Work closely with software development resources as well as IT/network operations to identify and improve ICAT’s processes to enhance productivity and improve product quality.
- Develop solutions in alignment with departmental goals and SLAs for availability, scalability, performance, and resiliency.
- Assist in the management of software defect process and flow management including creation, updating and closure.
- Perform monthly QA environment refresh and maintenance
- Establish configuration management tools in a production setting, for multiple environments.
- Proactively monitor production systems, deployments, and routine maintenance tasks, identifying bottlenecks, potential issues, and opportunities for improvement.
- Aid the Systems Management group to ensure all Production applications are correctly up and running and troubleshooting when and if there are issues.
- Identify technical issues for resolution and assigns tasks to staff members for resolution.
- Document solutions for consumption by technical and non-technical audiences.
- Plan and implement improvements to infrastructure to support future growth.
- Design and implement migrations to a managed services environment.
- Develop task lists, milestones and deliverables for all operations and implementations.
- Direct and implement the necessary controls and procedures to protect systems.
- Research, recommend and implement changes to procedures and systems to enhance data systems security.
- This position regularly requires evening hours and weekend work as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience required.
- Working knowledge of change & release management.
- Experience with Linux/Unix system administration – CentOS / RHEL preferred.
- Experience with in Windows Administration.
- Working knowledge of SQL and databases – SQL Server and Oracle preferred.
- Solid understanding of SDLC, Common Development Practices, Hybrid/transaction strategies for getting to Agile.
- Work effectively with Project Management, Technical Operations, Product Management, Software Development, and Business Customers
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration, preferably CentOS or RHEL
- Proficiency working in Microsoft Windows environments
- Demonstrated experience with Python, Shell, Ruby, or other scripting language(s)
- Scripting and automation experience in enterprise-scale environments
- Experience maintaining automated build systems such as Jenkins
- Working understanding of continuous integration build environments
- Experience with Ansible, Docker, Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, and other similar Configuration Management tools.
- Experience with Bugzilla or other similar issue and project tracking systems.
- Experience with version control systems e.g. git, SVN, CVS – Perforce preferred.
- Understanding of web container servers such as JBOSS/Wildfly and Tomcat
- Experience configuring and maintaining Apache HTTP servers.
- Ability to translate business communication and requirements into technical requirements
- Independent project preparation, scheduling, and coordination
- Strong verbal and written communication and group facilitation skills
At ICAT, we have a single goal: help business owners and homeowners recover from a disaster.**Since 1998, ICAT has provided catastrophe insurance coverage to home and business owners throughout the United States. From day one through today, we remain a highly specialized, disciplined underwriter of catastrophe property insurance risk.
ICAT has over 200 employees and serves more than 65,000 customers in 42 states through its online quoting system, www.icat.com and through traditional broker submissions. The ICAT brand offers the promise of "Security, Service, Recovery" to policyholders and brokers in providing insurance solutions to protect against natural catastrophe events. ICAT continues to expand through new products such as its Residential Earthquake product in California, which helps homeowners protect their largest asset in the event of an earthquake.*
ICAT underwrites on behalf of a diverse line up of strong carrier partners and Lloyd's of London syndicates. Claims administration services are provided by ICAT's sister company Boulder Claims. Boulder Claims was founded in 2005 and in its short history has successfully adjusted and settled over 23,000 claims, including claims from Hurricanes Charley, Frances, Ivan, Jeanne, Katrina, Rita, Wilma, Dolly, Gustav and Ike. ICAT is based in Broomfield, CO with additional offices in Tampa and Honolulu.
ICAT is owned by The Schinnerer Group. The Schinnerer Group is one of the largest and most experienced underwriting managers of specialty insurance programs in the world. The Schinnerer Group includes Victor O. Schinnerer & Company and ICAT in the United States, ENCON in Canada and other MGA enterprises globally. For more information on ICAT, visit us at: www.icat.com.
Information Technology/Software Development
are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.