The Role: Morningstar Research Inc. is looking for a client-facing professional to join our Sales and Marketing team. The focus of this role is to support the growth of a specific Morningstar solution (Morningstar® CPMS™) in the Advisor and Institutional Buy-Side segments, both directly with investment advisors and institutional portfolio managers. The ideal candidate is an effective communicator who works well in a team, is a self-starter with an emphasis on action, and has some working knowledge of quantitative investment strategies.
- Pro-active engagement with the existing Morningstar solution subscriber base through one to one interactions and presentations (both online and in-person)
- Provide though leadership and light market commentary through multiple marketing channels
- Plan consultative support strategies for a territory and execute them, in co-operation with multiple salespeople
- Act as an escalation point for client issues and resolve in-bound support queries for product functionality and occasional technical troubleshooting
- Work with account managers for up-sell and cross-sell opportunities
- Work closely with product management teams to relay client requirements and priorities to ensure that product development reflects market needs.
- This role requires frequent in-person client site visits and occasional travel to major cities
- 4+ years of customer-facing experience with investment advisors or portfolio managers. Only applicants with financial services or investment experience will be considered.
- Experience in supporting or selling financial service software, equity research, quantitative equity solutions, or other services to financial advisors and institutional portfolio managers
- Outstanding relationship building, communication skills with an impetus for action
- A passionate interest for the financial industry and in particular direct investments in equities
- A university degree in a related field. CFA charter holders and candidates, or other related industry designations are strongly preferred
- English/French bi-lingual is an asset but not required.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
100_MstarResCanad Morningstar Research, Inc. (Canada) Legal Entity