Cargill Meat Solutions
Cargill Meat Solutions is the umbrella organization of Cargill’s North American beef, turkey, and food distribution businesses. Our businesses provide wholesome, high quality, nutritious and flavorful products to customers ranging from foodservice operators and grocery stores, to food manufacturers and export markets.
At Cargill Beef, we know that our customers don’t just sell products; they sell the reputations behind those products. Our customers provide people with something that they crave and love and it’s a product that we love, too. And we understand how deeply the quality of our red meat connects to our customers’ reputations. After all, it’s our reputation, too. We have been innovating for the last 150 years to bring our partners new solutions that help nourish the world. We continue to aggressively pursue improvements and produce real results that impact not only our operations but our industry, employees and the world around us. By continuously improving our products, processes and services we are ensuring a better, more sustainable future for our employees, for our customers, for our communities and for our company.
- Cut, trim, bone, tie, and grind meats, such as beef & pork to the size as per the specifications and customer requirements by using knives, power tools, etc.
- To operate the different types of packaging equipment.
- To perform other duties as required.
- Trim the fats off, avoid over trimming to maximize product yields
- Must follow supervisors instructions and complete the tasks required
- Ensure work area and sorroundings are clean and tidy
- Ensure that boxes labeled precisely with proper products
- All products being processed must meet customers specifications
- Ensure the products are running at maximum efficiency so that the cutting lines are running to full capacity
- Must check each package and goes through the metal detector to be weighed properly
- Remove and take care of the equipment parts and re-install them properly
- Safety is your first priority.Always follow the safety rules, policies and procedures
- Ensure to have safe work practices and be aware of your sorroundings at all times
- All personal protective equipments must be worn at all times
- Report any defective equipments to your superiors
- Be aware of slippery floors, WALK, DO NOT RUSH OR RUN
- Report injuries immediately
- It is the responsibility of the employees to follow the food safety rules/procedures, such as GMP’s and HACCP
- Must maintain good personal hygiene
- Avoid cross contamination
- Wash hands for at least 20 seconds after using the washrooms
- Must follow sanitation procedures
- Right to work in Canada that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- Cargill requires that employees be a minimum of 18 years old.
- High School diploma or Equivalent.
- Must be able to read/write English.
- Must be able to perform physical job duties including bending/stooping, shoveling.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to operate machinery.
- Ability to work holidays, nights, weekends or different shifts.
- Forklift certification.
- Experience working in a production or plant environment.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to work overtime.
- Must be able to work under special work conditions, such as extreme heat or cold.
BOM_PRO_NB - NON-BANDED; PRODUCTION WORKER/OPERATIONS SUPPORT
Dec 8, 2017
In the country of posted position