"We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Walt Disney Imagineering is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of The Walt Disney Company. Its talented corps of Imagineers is responsible for the creation - from concept initiation through installation - of all Disney Resorts, theme parks and attractions, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, and new media projects.
Disney Research Los Angeles is looking for a Research Scientist in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence with applications in Computer Vision or Natural Language Processing, holding a PhD or significant industry experience in these areas or related quantitative fields.
ResponsibilitiesResearch Scientists work on and contribute to research projects relevant to Disney Research and the company. Our researchers have the possibility to publish results in top venues such as NIPS, ICML, CVPR, or EMNLP. Areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Information extraction from text, knowledge base construction and completion, embedding methods
- Dialogue systems
- Hybrid approaches between statistical and symbolic AI
- Probabilistic modeling and approximate inference
- Deep learning, representation learning
- Recommender systems
- Machine learning for robotics
- Activity and action recognition in videos, metadata extraction
Duties of a Research Scientist include:
- Conduct complex, advanced research projects in areas of interest to Disney Research and our partnering Business Units
- Develop new and advanced cutting-edge techniques and algorithms
- Transfer and implement results and technology in hard- and software prototypes and demo systems relevant to the Disney businesses
- Survey relevant technologies and stay abreast of latest developments
- Draft and submit papers and patents based on research
Besides these research and development duties, additional duties are:
- Assisting in the hiring and mentoring process of Post Doctoral Researchers, Lab Associates and Interns
- Closely align and integrate with the Disney businesses to create value for the company by developing cutting edge technology
- Contribute and deliver to major research projects and programs of Disney Research
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relations with collaborators within and external to the company.
- PHD or significant industrial experience.
To learn about the innovative work our Imagineers do, check out the following videos:
Humanoid Robot Additional Information©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.