Carpenter Technology Corporation is a leading producer and distributor of premium specialty alloys, including titanium alloys, nickel and cobalt based superalloys, stainless steels, alloy steels and tool steels. Carpenter’s high-performance materials and advanced process solutions are an integral part of critical applications used within the aerospace, transportation, medical and energy markets, among other markets. Building on its history of innovation, Carpenter’s powder technology capabilities support a range of next-generation products and manufacturing techniques, including additive manufacturing and 3D printing.
The Analyst - Strategic Marketing completes research and data analysis in support of the Carpenter Growth Process. Specific projects will inform and influence commercial growth strategies and tactics for Carpenter’s market verticals. The intern will interact across all levels of the organization, from individual specialists to directors, vice presidents and the Chief Commercial Officer.
- Prepare analysis of the revenue, volume and profit trends for targeted end market verticals.
- Derived from databases, determine and report on key performance indicators that are driving sales and profitability performance.
- Identify and evaluate sub-segments and key customers within each, deriving key insights to share with senior management.
- Analyze and interpret marketing metrics to identify cause-effect relationships between marketing actions and sales or financial outcomes. Identify positive and negative trends and find the appropriate solutions and recommendations when needed.
- Complete strategic analysis on Carpenter’s identified growth segments in collaboration with the commercial teams.
- Includes, but is not limited to, marketing toolkit analyses such as: SWOT, value chain analyses, share of wallet, competitive landscape and partnership assessments.
- Establish external market metrics dashboards.
- Understand drivers of revenue, create time based metrics charts and establish data sources for regular updating of the dashboard.
- Promotes the adoption of data visualization tools for weekly/monthly/quarterly management dashboards and for quarterly/annual/5-year strategic analysis. Identifies candidate functions (sales, pricing, customer service, planning, etc.) and opportunities to develop forecasts, statistical models, and customer segmentation to drive marketing efforts. Proposes ideas and partners with functional teams to implement.
- Internal expert on data preparation and data visualization tools. Develops expertise, establishes protocols and best practices, trains new users and provides general support to the user team.
- Maintain and enhance current data sources in partnership with Business Intelligence.
- Analyze marketing and sales data to develop insights and make recommendations on areas for optimization.
- With market leads and product management, recommend specific marketing approaches to support sales growth of products in each market.
- With product management, identify future unmet needs for customers.
- Perform all the above requirements in an independent and reliable manner.
- MBA preferred
- Four-year degree in Business, Marketing or Economics with a strong quantitative and analytical background; or degree in Engineering, Management Science or Statistics with a strong background or interest in business, strategy and marketing
- Minimum of five years business experience in areas such as management consulting, investment banking, strategic planning, M&A, internal audit, financial analysis or market research.
- Two to five years’ experience in a marketing, sales or technical role within a global industrial business environment is preferred.
- Market and/or technical knowledge of metals and specialty alloys is a plus.
- Applications and/or product knowledge within a CRS market vertical (Aerospace, defense, medical, consumer, energy, transportation or general industrial) is a plus.
- Candidate must have strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation development and delivery.
- Experience using data visualization software tools (e.g. Tableau, SAP Lumira) preferred
- Experience using data preparation software tools (e.g. Alteryx) preferred
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office.
Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees.
Carpenter Technology Corporation’s policy is to fully and effectively maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans.