Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
The Digital Marketing organization is responsible for helping Dell Technologies customers, partners, and employees make the most of Digital to strengthen our collective relationships and transform our businesses. We accomplish this by envisioning, designing, delivering, and operating amazing user experiences, and partnering across the company to make it easier and more delightful to do business with Dell Technologies.
The Senior Machine Learning Data Scientist will join Digital Marketing’s R&D Lab and play a leading role in the Lab itself – leading the team of data scientists in our ML pursuits to apply Machine Learning and related technologies to enable the company to sustain one-to-one relationships with all of our customers and partners at scale across all touchpoints. You’ll have the opportunity to envision and develop machine learning systems in areas such anomaly & outlier detection, classification, automation, predictive modeling, and live/streaming learning systems.
- 5+ years professional experience in a technical product, data science, and/or engineering roles
- 2+ years applied machine learning experience (not necessarily in a production engineering role)
- You’re comfortable as a team lead and an individual contributor, you know how to do both well and you lead best by doing
- A strong understanding of machine learning theory
- Mid-level programming experience. You do not have to be able to write highly scalable production code (you will be working with engineers who can do that) but you do need to be able to build prototypes and be able to understand the existing code base
- You’re highly proficient with Python and the data science basics – SQL, Spark/Hadoop, Pandas, numpy, scipy, and basic work flow tools including Jupyter and Git for example
- Ideally you’ve also built web service representations of your models and hosted them online or have comfort in doing so
- Experience with top Machine Learning libraries – in particular Tensorflow and Scikit-learn, for example
- A principled approach to solving algorithmic problems with a focus on what will make users happy
- A pragmatic approach to rapidly evaluating new algorithmic ideas
- A very high attention to detail and ability to thoroughly think through problems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills on both technical and non-technical topics
- You’re insatiably curious and a natural learner, generally keeping track of the latest trends, conference opportunities, and research in the field
- You’ve probably got an active github account with interesting hobby projects you’ve built
- You’ve probably been a Senior Technical Product Manager before, or otherwise have a natural ability to convert ambiguity into structured projects which can be delivered by others in the team
- BS or MS Computer Science or higher (or equivalent experience)
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.