Operations Vijaywada, Andhra Pradesh
Operations Director,Andhra Pradesh
Operations Director, Andhra Pradesh It is an exciting time for Bridge in Andhra Pradesh. Over the coming years, we’ll grow from our current number of 4 academies to hundreds more across the country. The Operations Director is ultimately responsible for the critical performance of our entire network of academies, including operations, personnel management, instructional delivery, expenses & payroll, facilities, and more. Effective management of academy operations is measured by: • staff satisfaction and turnover • cost of headquarters support per pupil • educational outcomes as measured by academic testing programme This is a high-impact role for someone who loves taking on challenges in large scale - we employ 7000+ employees globally, with additional expansion and growth planned for Andhra Pradesh during 2017 Who We Are When you join Bridge International Academies, you become part of an exciting, innovative, fast-scaling global start-up. More than that, you become part of a movement to reform global education in ways that dramatically improve the lives of millions of children from the world’s poorest communities. Bridge International Academies is an education company founded in 2008 on a simple belief: high- quality education is priceless, but it shouldn’t cost a fortune. Bridge is the world’s largest chain of primary and pre-primary schools, operating over 500 academies in under-resourced communities across Kenya, Uganda, Nigeria, Liberia, and India. Our scalable, data-driven, technology-enabled approach to education allows us to provide 100,000+ children living below the international poverty line with access to affordable, high-quality education and the opportunities they need to reach their dreams. Through our innovative, effective methods, Bridge serves as a model for what all schools should (and can) be—powerful places of learning that inspire trust and pride by delivering real results. In Andhra Pradesh, we partner with the AP Government to provide high quality education. The Bridge team is great people, made greater together, working towards the greatest goals. From our teachers and Academy Managers to the software developers in charge of building our tech platform, Bridge aims to recruit, hire, and retain the most talented people who share our vision, philosophy, and mission of democratizing education making a lasting difference in the lives of children, families, and communities by providing access to high-quality education and the opportunities the need to succeed. Operations at Bridge Operations are central to how everything functions seamlessly at Bridge. We are seeking an Operations Director who will be responsible for all core operations within Andhra Pradesh. Both directly and indirectly, the Operations Director will eventually be responsible for managing one of the largest and most diverse teams within the Andhra Pradesh operation. This includes a central and distributed headquarters team that supports and monitors the academies’ operations and designs all the processes and systems that are critical to the success of each and every academy.
About the Role In particular, the Operations Director will be responsible for driving the execution, management and innovation of:
Operations Director,Andhra Pradesh
• Customer Care Call Centre (serving both as the support hub for our academy manager, teachers and parents)
• Field-based Academy Improvement team (direct supervision and responsibility of territories of academies)
• Quality Assurance (data-driven field based audit and monitoring team)
• Programme Officers (responsible for the design and coordination of all systems, processes and data capture for all delivery aspects of the Academy-in-a-Box)
You will: • Responsible for all operational performance indicators of our academies, including but not limited to: o staff satisfaction and turnover o cost of headquarters support per pupil o educational outcomes as measured by academic testing programme
• Learn, reinvent, optimize and manage every aspect of the operations of a Bridge International Academy and the necessary headquarters support, from classroom instruction to latrine-cleaning to customer care
• Create highly-structured, insightful processes, systems and recommendations with a data-driven approach; alongside senior executives, critique and modify the operational components of the Academy-in-a-Box model for Andhra Pradesh
• Do or lead every job in the entire academy operations and support to some extent. No job is too big or too small.
• Manage a diverse support team including customer care, quality assurance, academy improvement, programme officers, procurement, warehousing and logistics. What You Should Have • At least 5-10 years of post-undergraduate, full time work experience
• Work experience managing a multi-unit retail environment
• Work experience developing and managing a culture of total focus on customer satisfaction
• Work experience drastically improving the productivity and reducing cost of a product or service
• Work experience managing and coordinating several teams to deliver on a tight schedule
• Work experience in emerging markets • Record of building data-driven operational systems
• Record of strong academic performance from a leading undergraduate and, if attended, graduate institution
• Work experience, preferably in operations, as an employee at any company that has rapidly grown in headcount and number of locations, e.g., large scale retail
• Work experience in a highly political industry, where ideological conflict is common and strategy, ingenuity, negotiation and persuasion are necessary for success. You’re also • A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done, with at least 5 years of post-graduate school experience. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
Operations Director,Andhra Pradesh
• A networking mastermind– You excel at meeting new people and turning them into advocates. You communicate in a clear, conscientious, and effective way in both written and oral speech. You can influence strangers in the course of a single conversation. Allies and colleagues will go to bat for your ideas. You have an existing network in Andhra Pradesh from prior experience in the country, preferably in the regulatory, education, or business sectors.
• A creative problem-solver– Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in volatile, low-resource communities and runs on fees averaging just $6 a month per pupil. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand. Every dollar you spend is a dollar our customers, who live on less than $2 a day, will have to pay for.
• A customer advocate– Our customers – these families living on less than $2 a day per person – never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their customer benefit, experience, and value.
• A life-long learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.