Bain & Company is one of the world's leading global business consulting firms, serving clients across six continents. It was founded in 1973 on the principle that consultants must measure their success in terms of their clients' financial results. Bain's clients have outperformed the stock market 4 to 1. With offices in all major cities, Bain has worked with over 4,150 major multinational and other corporations from every economic sector, in every region of the world.
A career at Bain & Company will provide the opportunity to learn in a collaborative teaming environment, drive impact to support our 'Results' mission statement. The firm has a passionate and rich culture that offers an unparalleled business experience that can carry throughout a career. We hire dynamic individuals that are dedicated to achieving both personal and professional goals. To learn more about the firm, please visit www.bain.com.
- This is an opportunity to be a key leader in Bain’s expanding data science capability area. This position will be part of the Advanced Analytics Group (Bain’s team of data science, engineering, marketing science, operations research and primary research experts).
- Responsibilities will include working closely with the Advanced Analytics Group (AAG), Bain Partners, Bain Practice Areas, and the Technology Services Group (TSG) to extend and innovate our data and analytics capabilities.
- This will include helping formulate and driving our evolving strategy on how to best support our clients on large data/heavily analytic initiatives.
- Serve as Advanced Analytics expert on Advanced Analytics strategy cases
- Be an expert advisor in proposal discussions
- Demonstrate fluent understanding of major ERP, CRM, Data warehousing, Relational and Non-Relational Database systems; and have familiarity with new applications and technology in unstructured data storage and query solutions.
- The person in this role will need to:
- Communicate effectively with analytics/data experts as well as business managers to assess opportunities and develop data driven solutions for Bain clients across a variety of sectors;
- Translate business objectives into data and analytics solutions and, translate results into business insights using appropriate data engineering, analytics, visualization & dashboard applications;
- Help develop Advanced Analytics Intellectual Property and identify areas of new opportunity for data science and analytics for Bain and its clients
- Communicate with and educate both senior and junior colleagues to further embed data science and analytics across the firm and within our clients;
- Advise Bain clients and consulting teams on data strategy, analytics strategy, and data science best practices
- Manage 1-3 Data Scientists
- This position will be located in Boston, Atlanta, Washington D.C., Chicago, or Dallas