1. If you are a first time user, please create your candidate login account before you apply for a job. (Click Sign In > Create Account)
2. If you already have a Candidate Account, please Sign-In before you apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We have has an immediate opening position for a Staff Software Development Engineer, in our San Jose office. The candidate is responsible for design and development of system/embedded/platform software for the Fabric Operating System, running on Brocade storage networking switches. In addition, the candidate will also be responsible for investigating, troubleshooting, and resolving escalation issues reported on the product.
- Work closely with product management and system architects to implement platform software for Brocade switching products.
- Lead sustaining, feature enhancements efforts.
- Rapid development, quick responding to customer needs.
- Involves sustaining, code maintenance, and documentation.
- Setup and maintenance of test frameworks in lab to ensure high quality software solution.
- 7+ years of work experience implementing C software for switching/routing platforms.
- 5+ years of work experience developing embedded Linux software.
- At least 3 years of development experience in a lead role.
- Strong embedded Linux software development and debugging skills.
- Strong knowledge of Inter-process communication (IPC), Linux kernel, device drivers, I2C
- Strong knowledge of SCSI, Fibre Channel (FC) and NVMe protocols is a plus
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP, IPv4, IPv6, SNMP, HTTP, XML, JSON is a plus.
- Hands on experience with tools such as GDB, Clearcase, GIT, Spirent and Finisar analyzers is required.
- Outstanding analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and team working capabilities
- BS/MS in EE or CS
If you are located outside USA, please be sure to fill out a home address as this will be used for future correspondence.