Hungry. Humble. Honest.
Our values form the foundation of who we are and how we operate every day around the world. They show up in our ambition to achieve our dreams, our courage to do what matters, and our tenacity to keep customers happy. At Nutanix, we prize those unique individuals who demonstrate empathy, respect differences, and appreciate others. If you’re authentic, credible and transparent—someone who walks your talk and thrives on collaboration—we want you to join our team!
Be a part of building a company that is truly leading an IT revolution. We make infrastructure invisible, elevating IT to focus on the applications and services that power their business. Led by Dheeraj Pandey, one of CRN’s “Top 25 Innovators of 2016,” Nutanix welcomes big thinkers and budding entrepreneurs, those who are unafraid to take on seemingly impossible challenges and interested in learning how to build a business along the way.
Nutanix employees enjoy some amazing benefits and perks: healthcare, employee events, world renowned speakers, training and development, and much more. See what life is like at Nutanix by following us on Twitter: @NutanixCareers and Instagram: @Nutanix
Nutanix delivers invisible infrastructure for next-generation enterprise computing, allowing IT to focus on the applications and services that power their business. Our software-driven Xtreme Computing Platform natively converges compute, storage, and virtualization into a single solution to drive simplicity in the datacenter. Using Nutanix, customers benefit from predictable performance, linear scalability, and cloud-like infrastructure consumption. Learn more at www.nutanix.com and follow us on Twitter: @nutanix.
Founded in 2009, and having sold our first product in 2011, Nutanix has experienced tremendous growth. We have completed 5 rounds of funding, totaling $312 million. In just 6 years, we have sold our product in 45+ countries and have grown to more than 1,000 employees.
Job Summary The Senior Systems Engineer (SSE) is a customer-focused technical sales professional that provides pre-sales consulting, technical guidance, and hands-on assistance to customers and Nutanix channel partners. The SSE teams and collaborates with Nutanix sales teams to recommend and design effective and appropriate customer solutions based on Nutanix offerings. The SSE acts in a consultative fashion and is looked to as an expert in his/her field by the Nutanix sales teams, business partners and customers.Responsibilities:
- Articulate the features and benefits of Nutanix solutions and products.
- Understand the customer’s business drivers and how to map these to a Nutanix solution.
- Provide technical leadership in the Requirements Discovery, Solution Development, and Solution Proposal stages of the opportunity sales cycle.
- Provide channel partner enablement for selected channel partners in defined territory to include: regular product and solution updates, customized workshops, SE shadow program, and any other required tasks to enable partner to perform independent pre-sales support for small-to-medium size opportunities.
- Perform product demonstrations and presentations in support of company road show’s and events.
- Manage, monitor, and/or perform solution evaluations and Proofs-of-Concept in support of sales opportunities either directly or through channel partners.
- Perform technical account management and act as an interface between the sales/pre-sales account teams and technical staff by monitoring and managing technical issues to conclusion, including any required management escalations required to resolve technical issues.
- Act as interface to Product Management to monitoring and manage feature requests and product roadmap issues to conclusion, including any required management escalations required to resolve related issues.
- Provide reporting and feedback on customer accounts and field activities to Sales, Product Management, and Engineering.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Technical experience with virtualization technologies, data center consolidation, and/or server technologies is highly desirable.
- Hands-on, and “does what it takes” attitude to drive success
- Team player with strong drive.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate professionally with partners, customers, and internal cross-functional teams including Sales, Marketing, and Engineering.
- A structured thinker with strong presentation and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, determine project urgency and execute detailed action plans.
- Highest level of personal and professional ethics and integrity.
- Travel may be required occasionally as needed but is not anticipated to be a significant percentage of time.
- 5-7+ years’ experience in a customer facing technical role.