Auto req ID
HR Job Code
102069 Data Engineer Sr
- Develops, supports and implements data services for multiple applications to meet business objectives and user requirements.
- Works closely with users, developers, operations and business partners to define data service requirements and the data preparation process development.
- Designs and builds data service infrastructure on multiple data platforms, according to key business processes and the overall workflow.
- Develops and implements data solutions for multiple applications to ensure its scalability, availability and maintainability.
- Implements data migration and transformation activities/processes to ensure the accuracy and security of data solutions.
PA - Pittsburgh
Data Engineer Sr
Line of Business
PA374 - Two PNC Plaza
Total Hours Per Week
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
OH - Brecksville, OH - Cleveland, PA - Pittsburgh
Required Education and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies
Big Data Management and Analytics - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge and ability to plan and execute, big data management and analytics.
APPLICATION DELIVERY PROCESS - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of major tasks, deliverables, and formal application delivery methodologies; ability to utilize these in order to deliver new or enhanced applications.
Business Intelligence - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize business processes and technologies for gathering, storing, analyzing, and providing access to data that helps the organization make better business decisions.
Data Analysis - Software - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the investigation, evaluation, interpretation, and classification of data; the ability to identify, collect and analyze data to facilitate the development, implementation and application of software systems.
Data Architecture - Working Experience
- Knowledge and ability to create models and standards to govern which data is collected, and how it is stored, arranged, integrated, and put to use in data systems and in organizations.
Database Structures - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to utilize appropriate database structures to organize and store data in a particular manner.
Problem Solving - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Software Development Life Cycle - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of and experience with using a structured methodology for delivering new or enhanced software products to the marketplace.
Consulting - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Senior Data Engineer within PNC's ALM RISK/QRM organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA or Cleveland / Brecksville, OH.
- Design, develop, implement and maintain the enterprise data architecture within SDLC environment.
- Collaborate with business units and data owners to successfully implement and maintain an enterprise level business analytics and data warehousing solution.
- Selection of best practices for data modeling within various business units; oversight of activities related to data cleansing, data quality and data consolidation.
- Develop guidelines to ensure data governance standardization and consistency.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related Engineering discipline. Masters preferred.
- Must have very strong engineering and/or software development experience.
- Hands-on experience in Big Data components/frameworks including Hadoop Components (Hive/Impala, Kafka, Flume, Storm, MapReduce, Pig, Oozie, Hbase), Spark, and languages (Java, Scala, Python).
- Hands-on experience with building highly scalable and distributed NoSql, Anlytics reporting and search systems using technologies as Kafka, Spark, Solr/Elastic Search Experience with data modeling and metadata management is a plus.
- Experience in architecture and implementation of large and highly complex data as service projects.
- History of working successfully with cross-functional engineering teams in a large corporate environment.
- Deep understanding of data virtualization, PARQET, AVRO, REST, JSON technologies.
- Experience with machine learning and NLP is a plus.