Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Java Solution Architect - (Core Java / J2EE, Struts, Hibernate, Webservices, Performance Tuning in CREDIT and PREPAID Card Domain)
• Working for Project Delivery Group for MPTS
• Team is responsible for the design, development and testing of products as per business requirements defined for the MPTS product roadmap or localization and also responsible for stabilization of the processing platform and support for compliances.
• Understand & deliver the requirements for new features and enhancements adhering to MasterCard Standards, specifications, processes and best practices
Provide support of applications software through programming, analysis, design, development and delivery of software solutions.
• Documentation of various artifacts as per the software engineering processes.
Leads software engineering projects and creates the development and delivery of enhanced software solutions. Researches alternative technical solutions for changing business needs.
Responsible for assuring the daily activities of the team meet the requirements of SLA’s.
• Successfully lead major projects and complex assignments with broad scope and long-term business implications. Create solutions with high level of innovation, cost effectiveness, high quality and faster time to market.
• Lead day to day system development and maintenance activities of the team to meet service level agreements (SLAs).
• Collaborate with business and technical partners to identify and scope the opportunities, outline potential value and ROI, identify risks, benefits and constraints.
• Contribute to the overall strategy and manage complex issues within functional area of expertise.
• Develop overall strategic technical plan and create architecture proposals based on identified solution gaps.
• As recognized subject matter expert, lead planning, design and implementation of technical solutions.
• Create solution definition and solution architecture.
• Assist Management in Business Case Development and Scenario Planning leading to an effective decision making process.
• Make presentations to the Management, Business Owners and other Stakeholders.
• Assist in examining commercially available and forthcoming industry technologies related to area of expertise. Research on current and upcoming technologies and application appropriate frameworks and provide recommendations to Management. Perform PoCs (Proof of Concept) and help Department in the selection of Technology. Proactively create and maintain solution and technology road maps.
• Lead and guide team through all phases of an application. Successfully lead production incident and problem management, identification of root cause and remediation of the problems. Mentor, coach and assist project team members. Provide Brownbag sessions on new and upcoming technologies, methodologies and frameworks. Provide technical training to the team. Assist with selection of technical resources for the projects.
• Ensure compliance of Audit Requirements by proactively educating team on Compliance Requirements and Integrating Compliance Requirements in SDLC. Represent team during Compliance Audits.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience.
Knowledge / Experience:
• 6 to 8 years of experience in related field, including 6 to 8 years of experience in delivering secure solutions in Payment Domain especially Credit and Prepaid Cards Issuing and Transaction processing Services is preferred.
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies is required.
• Advanced knowledge of Project Management, Strategic Planning, and Agile/Scrum Methodology
• Ability to be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and able to function under pressure in an independent environment along with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
• Strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaboration skills and organizational skills.
• Ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, frameworks and tools and support multiple concurrent activities and to interface with external / internal resources, working as a member of a matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team
• Ability to deal with pressure situation without compromising the processes
• Result oriented, self-driven and go-getter abilities
Key Technology Areas:
• Strong knowledge in Java / J2EE, Core and Server-Side Java Concepts, Multithreading
• Open Source Java Frameworks such as spring, Hibernate, iBatis, Struts, Maven, etc.
• SOAP & REST Web Service Implementations.
• Web & Application Servers (JBoss, Apache, Tomcat etc.).
• Java Performance Tuning & Troubleshooting Tool Stacks.
• Java Operations Stack Tools: Wiley, Splunk, Dynatrace, etc.
• Strong knowledge on Oracle Database, Advanced PL-SQL Techniques, Performance Tuning
• Knowledge of Webseal, ISAM/TAM (Desirable)
• Unix Shell Scripting.
• Good knowledge & experience on CI/CD – Sonar, Junit, Bamboo/Jenkins, ARA, Chef
• Good knowledge & experience on version controlling tools especially SVN and GIT
Equal Opportunity Employer