At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto!
Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, onsite yoga classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for below and apply today.
Site Reliability Engineers are responsible for the pulse of the software ecosystem. We monitor and improve the system and suggest improvements for implementation by others. The name of the game is automating the job. SREs are involved in incident and change management. They also act as consultants for engineers when new code and services are getting ready to launch.
Our application stack is based mostly on Java, however, most of our operations automation is developed in Python. The major components we use daily are
- OS: Linux
- Frameworks: Hibernate, Spring, Finagle, Finatra, Thrift
- Databases: MySQL, Cassandra
- Messaging: Kafka
- Caching: Memcached, Redis
- Logging and Monitoring: Prometheus, Graphite, StatsD, Nagios, Logstash, Kibana
- Other: Aurora/Mesos, Tomcat, Elasticsearch, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform
Challenges for you:
- SREs troubleshoot problems in live production systems, both on their own and in collaboration with systems and application engineers
- Keep the company informed about the status of Fitbit services, the impact of known issues, and the progress of ongoing investigations
- Design and refactor parts of the Fitbit backend system for stability and performance, and write tools and scripts to automate maintenance and monitoring tasks
- Meet with other teams and attend architecture reviews, and offer advice on how to implement features that are efficient, highly available, and fault-tolerant
- As an engineer, you will get the opportunity to contribute towards process and technology choices that help deliver the best solutions
- You have 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Expert-level Java knowledge
- Linux system administration experience and production troubleshooting experience
- Experience with cloud computing platforms like AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Familiarity with configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef or Ansible (we use Puppet and Ansible)
- Knowledge of the administration and/or performance tuning of MySQL or Cassandra
- Experience working with high traffic, scalable web applications
- Experience of diagnosing and fixing complex production issues
- Understanding of data structures, algorithms and framework internals
- You have a willingness to dive in and assist coworkers when incidents arise
- Experience being part of an on-call rotation and responding to production incidents
- Good verbal and written English
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or related experience
- Experience with Python or Ruby
- Expertise in concurrency and multi-threaded code (particularly in Java)
- JVM experience
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive salary and annual bonus (based on your individual performance goals)
- Work on Products that are core to Fitbit ecosystem and helping improve people’s lives
- Opportunity to learn from world-class professionals from Fitbit offices across the world
- Transparent and consistent feedback to help you advance your career
- Top-tier Macbook
- Medical Insurance: Health and Dental
- Free Fitbit devices for you, devices for friends & family with discount
- 26 days vacation + 5 personal days + 1 paid day off on your birthday
- English classes
- Fully-stocked kitchen
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Description