Storage Client Technical Specialist (Vietnam)
Storage Client Technical Specialists are technical consultants to clients, IBM sales teams and/or IBM Business Partners. They understand the client's business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape. They provide storage technical sales support which may include: collaborate with IBM sales teams to define, design, and detail the technical aspects and feasibility of proposed storage solutions; deliver Proof of Concept; develop and deliver technical education; support critical situations; design solutions; and answer technical questions. When engaged for a specific opportunity or project, they are responsible for the technical accuracy of the proposed solution.
Cultivate Client Relationships
* Advises the IBM sales team and/or client stakeholders on the client's business and technical issues and how to address them.
* Develops a consultative relationship with client utilising knowledge of client's business and technical requirements to identify new opportunities.
Deliver Client Value
*Meets with the IBM client and/or Sales Team to develop a basic understanding of the client's business and technical environment.
* Assures that solution designs are feasible in the client's technical environment. Integrate IBM
* Navigates IBM on behalf of the client, accessing information from appropriate sales and technical resources to meet client’s needs and engages the broader IBM team as required.
* Assumes the role of the technical focal point during internal IBM sales team meetings, contributing experiences in similar client situations and innovative technical approaches to solve the client's problems.
Share IBM Strategies
* Presents IBM storage strategies to client stakeholders and responds to client requests for clarification and additional information (e.g., virtual storage, cloud computing, dynamic infrastructure, smarter planet etc.).
* Proactively identifies opportunities that leverage innovative IBM strategies and technologies to drive client business value.
Apply Client Industry Insight
* Gathers and selectively uses basic industry benchmarks and best practices to identify solutions for clients. Provide IBM Solutions
* Collaborates with IBM sales teams to define, design, and detail the technical aspects and feasibility of proposed solutions.
* Identifies and addresses the client's perceived technical inhibitors to ensure the proposed solution brings maximum benefit to the client and minimises risk.
Apply Technical Methods & Models
* Participates in Technical and Delivery Assessments to ensure the technical feasibility of the solution and implementation plan.
* Customises existing IBM intellectual capital and property (IP and IC) and proven methods and/or tools, providing the client with field-tested solutions.
* Analyses existing IC/IP in focus area to identify gaps and creates new IC/IP to educate clients and IBM resources
* Collaborates with the client and utilises stock Proof of Concept demos to show how the solution meets the client's technical and business requirements.
* Help clients maximise their IT investment by evaluating emerging technologies and new IBM storage offerings to pro-actively present proposals to Clients / Sales Team which would enhance the client's business.
* Repeatedly sought out as a subject matter expert in the area of technical expertise.
* Collaborates with the client to create customised Proof of Technology or Proof of Concept demonstrations to show how the solution meets the client's technical and business requirements.
Proven track record of sizing, delivering and configuring storage solutions.
Broad understanding of storage product portfolio
This role is Technical selling of IBM's complete Storage portfolio
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
Client Technical Specialist
State / Province
HA NOI, THU DO
Primary job category
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 10% or 1 day a week
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
see job description
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
see job description
New Collar Role