Job Reference #
Are you passionate about building and delivering robust and scalable Oracle and Java server systems? Do you have a curious nature, always interested in how to innovate? We are looking for someone who feels fine in the following responsibilities:
• Software lifecycle with focus on maintainability.
• Collaboration with analysts and other internal teams to understand requirements and to define and document the resulting solution design to agreed target dates.
• Proactively apply solutions to cater for non-functional requirements including stability, capacity and scalability and manageability.
• Provision/justification of task effort estimates.
• Participation in documentation and code reviews and to provide clear/concise feedback.
• Software development and delivery of assigned requirements according to guidelines and best practices in developing good/clean quality code and to agreed target dates.
• Unit test case specification and execution.
• Defect handling, including fixing, testing…
• Identification of areas for continuous improvement and commitment to drive these forward.
• Participation in the Level 3 Support rotation (08:00 – 17:00), assisting the production operations team in rollout and support-related matters and providing timely resolution to incidents assigned.
• Participation in the On-Call Support rotation to cover production release cycles, month end/adhoc activities (night/weekend work maybe required).
Senior Oracle/JAVA Designer/Developer
Country / State
Switzerland - Zürich
Information Technology (IT)
What we offer
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Why UBS? Video
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
UBS HR Recruiting Switzerland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You'll be working in the FR&-FINAD-ACCT & CONTROL GEAR DEV team in Zurich, Badenerstrasse 574. The Global Environment of Accounting and Reporting (GEAR) is a high-volume, high-performance strategic platform for controlling and accounting purposes specific to Wealth Management units. In addition, the application consists of a common sourcing layer for Finance and Risk. This highly complex environment is maintained and enhanced by teams of business analysts and developers located in Zurich, Wroclaw Poland, Nashville US & India.
Your experience and skills
- 5 years+ development experience including design, coding and testing
- Bachelor in Computer Science or Engineering preferable
- Must have solid and proven practical experience in Oracle SQL and PL/SQL in Oracle 10g or higher
- Operating Systems: experience in development & deployment across Unix/Linux, & Windows platforms
- Good practical knowledge of Unix/Linux shell scripting
- Practical knowledge of JAVA frameworks such as Spring and Hibernate
- Good knowledge of web application servers including Websphere, Tomcat, JBOSS
- Working knowledge of developer tools including Toad, SVN, QC, Eclipse, Ant, Maven
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and ability to work as part of a global
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?