We’re looking for a star with both community management and abuse experience to join our Trust & Safety team in Richmond, Virginia. This team handles legal and policy issues, and aims to make Tumblr a safe and positive community for all of its users.
What you’ll do:
· Respond to emails concerning potential violations of Tumblr policy or law, and deal with any corresponding violations.
· Review content flagged by users in moderation tools and deal with any corresponding violations.
· Participate in creating and refining Tumblr site policies.
What we're looking for:
· High energy and a strong work ethic.
· Passion for Tumblr and an extensive understanding of our features.
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Ability to quickly respond to enquiries with tailored and well-written emails.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills, empathy, and the ability to work effectively across different subject matters (e.g. policy, law, and technology).
· Deep experience with Internet communities of all kinds (Tumblr in particular!), and knowledge of all the issues that may arise from said communities, like copyright, trademark, privacy, harassment, harm to minors, etc. (please note that part of this job requires sometimes reviewing graphic and/or disturbing content).
· Great judgment. Better yet, really great judgment.
· Passionate, innovative spirit, and a desire to work in a flexible and fast-paced environment.
· BA / BS degree.
Nice to haves:
· Previous Trust & Safety experience.
· Previous experience with customer support and ticketing systems.
· Previous work at a tech startup.
Ready to apply? Please include a cover letter explaining your interest and ability for this role and your Tumblr URL(s) with your resume!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Submission of this information is voluntary and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment.
Currently work for Oath? Please apply on our internal career site.