Originate brings together Product, Engineering, and Design experts to create groundbreaking digital products together in partnership with companies of all sizes.
- We employ the latest innovations in technology to solve challenging problems in a variety of industries. You will be tasked with learning new skillsets required for designing and building products in rapidly changing fields.
- Our success is built upon our amazing team. You will work with smart, creative, and humble people that are passionate about building things, solving problems, and collaboration. creating products that meet customer needs and solving problems through collaboration and innovative thinking.
- At Originate, 20% of your company time you can work on your own side-project/startup no strings attached; read more here.
- We offer a flexible schedule and an open vacation policy.
Our Tech Environment
New products are built primarily using Scala, RoR, Node.js, Go, and any number of front-end technologies (React, GraphQL, Webpack, Redux, etc.). Mobile development is both iOS and Android.
Software is packaged with Docker and deployed with CircleCI on top of AWS and/or DC/OS. We leverage open source components such as Cassandra, Spark, Kafka and PostgresSQL for our data plane. Infrastructure is managed using Ansible and Terraform and monitored with Datadog.
You’ll find individuals hacking with everything else (Haskell, Clojure, Elixir, Elm, Rust, etc.) and we’re always ready to use a new language or a new framework when it’s ready or when a project dictates.
We work in small, fast-paced, cross-functional agile teams.
- You are passionate about your craft and love working with folks who feel equally strongly about their professions.
- 3+ years of recent experience managing DevOps at a medium to large sized company (terabytes to petabytes of data, distributed system).
- Experience with DC/OS or similar technology.
- Experience with Go and/or Scala.
- Experience with configuration management tools.
- Experience with Terraform.