Global Screening Operations defines global processes in line with Citi's Sanctions Screening Policy to ensure standardization of sanctions screening activities across Citi. Oversees implementation and coordination of sanctions screening operational processes to identify operational efficiencies and ensure consistency. Provides guidance on sanctions screening operations proposes solutions and serve as point of escalation to route emerging issues to Sanctions Compliance. Ensures remediation actions are effective and completed on time. Own and roll out enterprise wide the Global Standard Operating Model for name screening alert disposition processes for account opening and maintenance and development of centralized operational Hubs to support name screening alert disposition processes.
- Located within the regional Anti Money Laundering Hub, the Global Screening Operations mitigates the sanctions risks in the global marketplace.
- To standardize, increase efficiency and effectiveness sanctions screening processes across Citi. This role will assist in the coordination screening activities among the different operations groups for each region, covering multiple business sector/countries, and conducting continued oversight of the groups responsible of sanction screening operations to ensure consistency and adequacy of screening mechanisms under sound internal control practices within assigned region.
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert for Name screening operations.
- Implement global processes of name screening activities to ensure standardization across Citi
- Coordinate implementation and coordination of sanctions screening regional operational processes to identify operational efficiencies and ensure consistency
- Provide guidance on name screening operations and serve as point of escalation to route emerging issues to Sanctions Compliance
- Provide oversight and coordination of overall regional name screening operational processes.
- Supports the execution of the global technology strategy (roadmap) for name screening
- Participates in business projects and new product evaluations related to name screening
- Analyzes and improves the operational processes and recommending solutions to increase efficiency and effectiveness
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with key stake holders, Regional, and country Compliance, Operations and Technology.
- Provides analysis and advisory on control related issues, interacting with Audit in coordination with Sanctions Compliance.
- Provides training and mentoring to analysts on screening techniques, internal systems, products and Sanctions policy and regulations.
- Interacts with the applicable Citi businesses in ensuring implementation of Global Sanctions Compliance directive and/or Audit remediation
- Supporting implementation of new products during UAT of systems and processes
- Building and applying knowledge of Sanctions Screening processes
- Day to Day management and oversight of the Regional Hubs
- University degree/ Diploma in any discipline
- Leadership with the ability to see the big picture without losing attention to detail
- Relationship management skills with the ability to handle conflict and negotiations
Knowledge / Experience:
- 8-10 years of OFAC/Sanctions experience within a large financial institution, preferably a chartered bank or bank holding company. Detailed familiarity with the Bank Secrecy Act, Suspicious Activity Reporting, and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) requirements, Regulatory, Legal, and six sigma experiences are highly desirable
- Significant knowledge and expertise of AML and Sanctions regulations (OFAC, UN), risks and typologies; other regional regulations
- Excellent ability to analyze Compliance risks in complex business processes, and recommend controls to mitigate those risks.
- Experience in the design and implementation of Sanctions screening processes and controls
- Must have a regional/global view of the technical interfaces and sanctions screening operations
- Experience with and previous exposure to internal control functions and regulators, and in particular banking and AML regulators
- Experience with the regulatory exam process a plus
- Prior experience in the field of AML Systems, Regulatory Compliance, Fraud, or other major Compliance functions would be desirable, given that this prior knowledge would allow the prospective candidate to hit the ground running
- Experience in handling the Regional Screening Operations including governance and oversight of various Country hubs
- Ability to exhibit Compliance thought process for name and demographic screening against Sanctions and AML Screening
Compliance and Control
Yes, 10 % of the Time
10 , Jalan Munshi Abdullah, CAP Square Towers, Level 8, Kaulalumpur 50100