Effective communication is hard. It requires talent, skill, and a lot of effort. Enter Grammarly, the first widely adopted AI communication assistant helping people with the content and meaning of their writing. Grammarly helps millions of people make their written communication clear, mistake-free, and effective. With a $110 million growth equity investment, Grammarly is changing the way the world communicates—enabling people to write exactly what they mean, every time.
At Grammarly, our impact comes from a strong culture with highly engaged, highly motivated team members. We hire exceptional people and reward them with trust, autonomy, mentorship, and the freedom to grow into their roles. We’re a passionate, growing team on a mission to improve lives by improving communication. If you’re up for the challenge, we would love to meet you!
What You Will Accomplish
- Scope out and drive focused natural language processing projects to develop communication assistance capabilities.
- Inspire R&D teams, set measurable aggressive goals, and facilitate urgency and creativity. Keep the teams focused on creating value for our users and shipping impactful features.
- For each project, define what success means, develop metrics, analyze impact and user feedback, and communicate the outcomes, learnings, and next steps to the broader team.
- Work with the teams to maintain and prioritize their backlogs. Be part of team ceremonies, understand progress and challenges, provide input from the product perspective, and help remove any obstacles. Maintain clarity and momentum in the process.
- Coordinate the work between different NLP project teams and other teams when needed.
- Align engineering and research projects with broader business goals. Communicate the big picture, how specific projects fit in, and their status and impact to a variety of stakeholders across the company.
- Eventually, own a certain area of the core product and ensure Grammarly is effectively augmenting a major aspect of communication.
Talents You Bring to the Team
- You embody our E.A.G.E.R. values (Ethical, Adaptable, Gritty, Empathetic, Remarkable).
- You have good product intuition and prioritize well.
- You are analytical and pay a lot of attention to details.
- You are tech savvy, with enough knowledge of computer science and software engineering to understand hidden project complexity and to discuss solutions and estimates with your teams.
- You are curious and learn new domains quickly.
- You’re a great communicator — you can make complex things easy and clear to different audiences in the organization.
- You can inspire engineers and rally them around a goal.
- You’re consistently getting things done and shipping complex code in production.
- You have experience working with cross-functional teams, coordinating dependencies, and orchestrating cross-team initiatives.
- You know how to make data-driven product decisions, define the right metrics, measure success, create feedback loops, and make use of data.
- You have great written and spoken English.
What Grammarly Offers You
- Big goals, challenging work, fast learning cycles, practical training, and meaningful feedback.
- Project exposure and ownership that impacts our world, users, product, colleagues, and business.
- Health care, communication coaching, and great coworkers!
Grammarly’s AI-powered products help people communicate more effectively. Grammarly is available in a variety of writing interfaces, including browser and desktop integrations to help users in both their personal and professional lives, whether they are communicating through email or social media, applying for jobs, or even filling out online dating profiles. It also increases productivity and efficiency for professionals in a wide range of fields, including marketing, sales, engineering, customer support, and education. Grammarly is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York and Kyiv.
The diverse experiences, ideas, and identities of Grammarly’s team members help us make better decisions and drive great results for our users. We foster an inclusive work environment that welcomes team members of all backgrounds and perspectives. As an equal opportunity employer, we evaluate candidates based solely on talents, skills, and knowledge. Grammarly participates in E-Verify.