Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Principal Deputy Program Manager
Principal Deputy Program Manager
Reports To: GID Vice President/Program Manager
PAE is currently seeking a qualified candidate to serve as the Principal Deputy Program Manager. Work in this role is performed with considerable independence within established DoS policies, regulations, and technical guidelines. This individual will be responsible for managing an operations, maintenance, security operations, and life support services contract in Kabul, Afghanistan. Potential applicants must be willing to live and work in Kabul, Afghanistan for the period of performance.
- Effectively manage a large, diverse team of program management and technical staff composed of American, Foreign, and Local Nationals.
- Supervise day-to-day operations of management team by assigning projects, coordinating schedules, mitigating risk, monitoring performance, and ensuring quality results.
- Recommend, develop, implement, establish and enforce procedures and programs to increase efficiency and improve cost effectiveness to the program
- Develop, implement, and enforce corporate policies, processes and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to facilitate consistent, coordinated, and timely operations.
- Maintain overall accountability for property audits to ensure that government property is properly identified and tracked from acquisition to disposition IAW PAE policy.
- Establish and monitor performance metrics that provide meaningful, high-level program data to PAE executives and the customer, and that are derived from valuable individual and team performance on core tasks
- Identify program problems and obtain solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
- Prepare project specific plans, monitor subcontract progress and quality, and lead the implementation of all formal policies and procedures governing site operations
- Evaluate the quality and effectiveness of multiple, concurrent projects and provide summary feedback both verbally and in writing to the Program Implementer (PI), Operations Director, and the customer.
- Ensure all required reports and correspondence are submitted with attention to accuracy, comprehension, appearance, and timeliness.
- Schedule, host, and/or attend meetings and working groups as required.
- Develop strategic and tactical plans for the efficient operation the team.
- Perform other tasks as required.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Mastery of Government supply chain management standards and contract regulations
- Ability to communicate clearly and manage diverse team effectively
- Experience in customer facing positions, emphasis on experience with U.S. Government clients
- Experience with Deltek CostPoint and Workday Human Capital Management are highly preferred
- Experience working with IBM Maximo and MS SharePoint is a plus.
- Regional experience/experience managing subcontractors in a threat environment
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in a Business Management or relevant discipline, advanced degree and/or certifications in relevant fields such as management, engineering, finance, human resources, logistics, or quality assurance is strongly preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in international contract management, with experience managing operations and maintenance contracts. Strong applicants will bring experience working internationally, managing local subcontractors, and managing large USG contracts in excess of $50M Strong leadership experience is required.
- Security Vetting: Must successfully obtain a Secret Clearance and maintain eligibility at the required security level for the duration of the contract.
- Language Skills: Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, with all levels of employees and vendors. Ability to speak Pashto and/or Dari is a plus.
- Citizenship: U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
- Medical: Favorable passage of a drug screen and physical examination.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Active DOD Secret Clearance
- Experience and/or knowledge of security management
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster