Functional Area:UW - UnderwritingEstimated Travel Percentage (%):Relocation Provided:AIG Insurance Hong Kong Limited
Incumbent in this position will be responsible for managing the assigned Casualty portfolio including major account underwriting, optimally balancing risk, customer engagement and experience, ensuring the department strategy and action plan is being executed. He/She will have the ownership of developing and managing business and analytic routines to drive production, meet target effectively and profitably.
Main duties include:
- Promote AIG Casualty Lines products to International/ local brokers and Agency. Explore, enhance and maintain strong relationships with the producers and distribution partners.
- Drive and grow our portfolio of accounts for both multinational/complex accounts and SME businesses.
- Develop business & marketing plans for scope of responsibility.
- Responsible for the P&L in assigned area.
- Manage and handle new and renewal submissions / complex accounts as in accordance to underwriting guidelines.
- Determine the risk of insuring a client and determine appropriate premiums and amounts of coverage.
- Conduct trainings, organize sales and marketing events and handle ad hoc projects for Casualty Lines and Financial Lines.
- Mentor to other underwriters.
- University / College graduate
- Good knowledge of Casualty products, General Insurance industry
- Strong Insurance market presence with Brokers and Agents is a plus
- Experience in servicing major and multinational accounts with key brokers
- Ability to deliver compelling presentations and influence executive audiences
- Good analytical and decision-making mind, in-depth knowledge of underwriting concepts, practices and techniques including coverage issues, product lines, competitions within the marketplace.
- Excellent communicator and demonstrated high-level of customer service
- Ability to drive innovation via thought leadership while maintaining end-to-end view
- Min 5 years of relevant experience; having an equivalent combination of education or related experience
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives