Requisition ID: 200099
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates detailed phases of engineering work for a global business unit usually in one discipline in a project or staff group. Performs work that involves conventional engineering practice but may include complex features such as resolving conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials and/or difficult coordination requirements. Develops utility flow diagrams for complex water and wastewater treatment systems. Develops detailed data sheets for water and wastewater treatment systems including tanks and other mechanical equipment.
2. Performs technical evaluation of vendor prints with emphasis on environmental and mechanical engineering aspects of the equipment/packages.
3. Performs work using Bechtel Standard Application Programs (BSAPs) and appropriate 2-D and 3-D computer aided design and computer aided engineering (CAD and CAE) tools.
4. Plans, coordinates or prepares equipment or work specifications, bid evaluations and award recommendations for equipment.
5. Coordinates engineering efforts in assigned areas between specialty and other engineering groups or disciplines, with the client, suppliers, and contractors and between other groups.
6. When delegated, assumes a lead technical role over other engineers or project subgroups for completing specific tasks.
7. Assists in on-the-job-training of assigned personnel and provides input for their performance evaluations.
8. Prepares letters to vendors and clients.
9. Reviews bid analyses and makes recommendation.
10. Prepares or assists in preparation of conceptual studies, designs, reports or proposals.
11. Performs or assists in the performance of problem analysis and original design.
12. Prepares and/or assists in the preparation of cost estimates, quantity take-offs and staffing requirements for proposals, forecasts and change orders.
13. Reviews and checks work of subordinate engineers.
14. Supports the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
Thorough and expert level knowledge of environmental engineering techniques, the design of engineered systems, and engineering and design calculations. Well familiar in using the principles of engineering to develop solutions to environmental problems e.g. recycling, effluent treatment and disposal, and, water and air pollution control.
This includes experience in the following areas as well as other environmental engineering areas:
- Prepare, review, and update environmental investigation reports,
- Solve environmental problems and design treatment systems for mitigating water and air pollution, waste disposal, and public health issues,
- Raw water (surface, ground, or seawater) treatment to produce potable water, utility water, and process water,
- Seawater desalination using both membrane and thermal technologies,
- Demineralized water treatment system for steam generation, acid gas removal systems, turbine NOX control, turbine wash etc.
- Chemical injection packages for biocide, corrosion inhibitor, scale inhibitor, etc,
- Sewage treatment/ industrial waste water treatment using activated sludge process (ASP), powdered activated carbon technology (PACT), moving bed biofilm reactor (MBBR), membrane bioreactor (MBR) – both submerged and external pressurized,
- Biological nutrient removal (BNR) system using modified Ludzack Ettinger process (MLE), University of Cape Town (UCT) process, Bardenpho process.
Broad knowledge of the application of engineering to plant constructability as applied to construction methods and materials.
Knowledge of current computer applications for engineering and design to perform the work.
Understanding of engineering planning and control methods including computerized methods.
Understanding of the roles played by other departments on projects including basic construction practices and the economics involved.
Understanding of industry or regulatory codes and standards and design criteria pertinent to environmental engineering discipline.
Knowledge of environmental legislation and experience in interpreting laws and regulations.
Skill in oral and written communication.
- A university or college course degree from an accredited university in either Environmental, or Chemical Engineering or other relevant engineering discipline
- 15+ years of relevant industry experience in Oil and Gas sector.
- Excellent technical and managerial skills, with both verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in the Oil & Gas Sector
- Advanced degree (MTech or PhD) in the areas of Environmental or Chemical Engineering
- Ambitious, energetic, self-motivated, self-managed, team player, and results-oriented.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Energetic and positive attitude working with multiple clients on a wide-variety of projects.
- Team building, conflict management and resolution, and negotiating skills
Please Note: If you have shared your candidature with us in the last 6 months, please do not apply again
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.