POSITION SUMMARY: The Sr. Linux Systems Administrator is responsible for the design, planning, implementation and support for the Linux environment. This role will serve as a technical expert in Linux administration and monitoring as well as the enterprise virtualization environment.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Administers, installs, configures, and maintains operating systems and related software to ensure stable performance of the computing environment. Evaluates system specifications, input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibilities.
- Administers, installs, configures and maintains enterprise virtualization environment.
- Recognizes and troubleshoots operating problems with server hardware and application software.
- Diagnoses hardware/software problems, recommends solutions and performs necessary system repairs
- Researches, analyzes and recommends backup/security strategies as required.
- Performs installations of hardware, software, and operating systems upgrades, changes and configurations.
- Assists with enterprise backup and recovery tasks as needed.
- Assists with server hardware installation tasks as needed.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or related work experience required
Experience: Minimum five (5) years of experience in a Linux Systems Administrator or enterprise virtualization administrator role.
Skills and Abilities: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Five years of system administration with enterprise-level Linux operating systems or enterprise-level virtualization environment.
- Expert in maintaining server and storage environments including security patches, firmware upgrades, hot fixes, service packs, intermediate versions / full version upgrades.
- Experience in installing, configuring and managing enterprise virtualization environment.
- Experience with administration of enterprise backup/recovery solution.
- Experience with shell scripting is preferred.
- Research and assess future technology options to support technology growth and maturity.
- Ability to provide technical leadership, mentorship and knowledge sharing for other technical staff in the department.
- Strong communication skills, analytical ability, judgment and the ability to work effectively with other systems technical staff, internal business customers, and external consultants and vendors.
Related cert from a recognized provider (i.e. Linux+, LFCS, LPIC, RHCE, GCUX, VCP6.5 or higher) is a plus.License(s)/Certifications Required: