The future is infinitely wide and begging to be reimagined and SapientRazorfish is looking for people who have the courage to make their dent in what has always been. If you have an optimism that says there is no limit to what we can achieve in a time inviting those with vision to shake things up, then we should talk. Our work is fueled by connected thinking, challenging boundaries, and the power of digital redefining a connected world. Our people thrive because of the belief that it’s both our privilege and responsibility to usher our clients and the world into what is next. We’re seeking those who question the status quo and want to reimagine the way the world works while realizing a smarter way for business to help – all in service of improving the daily lives of people, the world, your career. Next_reimagined.
The VP Media serves as the senior media expert for the agency and is responsible for ensuring media strategies and deliverables meet or exceed the strategic requirements of the client and SapientRazorfish's quality standards. This includes leading and managing relationships between Media teams, Account Supervisors/Directors and agency clients to maintain and expand business within existing client accounts and help uncover new business opportunities; providing industry expertise and thought leadership on new media venues, trends, risks, opportunities and resources; and sharing/disseminating information to ensure that all team members have the knowledge to become interactive media consultants to our clients.
Grow our Business
- Demonstrate expertise in and knowledge of online advertising, media planning/buying, and industry trends by increasing visibility of the agency's credentials in the discipline both internally and externally. Act as a spokesperson for SapientRazorfish at industry events and/or with the press.
- Research, analyze, and monitor the impact of financial, technological, and demographic factors on the digital media space in order to capitalize on market opportunities for clients and minimize the effects of competitive activity.
- Guide the media department in the development and execution of innovative media strategies and programs. Spearhead the development of program strategies and analyses for clients.
- Maintain ultimate accountability for the quality, strategy, and integrity of all media plans/strategies/services delivered to clients, resulting in the cultivation of client loyalty and retention.
- Engage clients and client teams to evaluate the success or failure of digital advertising/marketing initiatives, and plans for course correction and/or continual success as appropriate.
- Analyze program results, translate the data, and use it to create internal and external tools and references.
- Collaborates with internal client teams to identify opportunities for growth within existing client accounts and presents new ideas to clients on an ongoing basis.
- Contribute to new business efforts as a Media expert for our interactive marketing programs. Review and approve plan estimates for new business opportunities. This includes collaborating with various business leaders to develop new product pricing and to navigate/resolve pricing issues with clients as appropriate.
- Monitor trends in the digital marketing and advertising industry and ensure the Media Department (and our agency) is prepared for potential changes within the sector and positioned for success as an industry leader.
- Implement departmental policies and practices and manage the department's financial performance (profit and loss).
- Develop, implement, and monitor success of media/vendor relationships (including Core Strategic Partnerships).
Grow our People
- Manage the recruitment, retention and professional development of the media team. This includes: identifying and leveraging talent, providing industry and professional mentorship/development, and empowering decision making when appropriate. Collaborate with entire Media team to identify and provide training needs.
- Manage and guide the media staff in the continuous evaluation of and improvement upon media opportunities for our clients.
- Monitor and evaluate the overall department structure to ensure we are positioned to meet deliverables for existing clients, accommodate new business opportunities, and adjust to changing industry needs/trends.
- Support colleagues and team members with special projects as needed or requested.
Skills & Knowledge
- A solid understanding of advertising, marketing, and strategic brand management, and how to best leverage these in a digital environment.
- Knowledge of the digital marketing and advertising landscape, the unique technical aspects of the medium, and their impact on the development and execution of media strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to lead team in a highly collaborative environment to develop and execute media plans for clients in a variety of industries.
- Strong interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, and the ability to thrive in a collaborative agency environment with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Superior oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated budget management and resource planning experience.
- The ability to successfully manage multiple internal and external initiatives/projects in a deadline-driven environment.
Qualifications & Experience
- A minimum of 15 years of prior experience in the development and implementation of media planning and buying strategies within the advertising industry.
- A minimum of 7 years of prior media experience specifically within the digital/interactive marketing and advertising industry.
- A minimum of 5 years of prior staff management, development and mentoring experience is required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent military experience. A Masters or advanced professional degree in Advertising, Marketing, or similar is preferred.
As part of our dedication to an inclusive and diverse workforce, SapientRazorfish US is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at +1-617-621-0200.
United States-New York-New York