We're seeking a talented and highly motivated software engineer to help us develop a scalable, high-performance, cloud-based platform for large-scale data storage and processing. Solve interesting technical challenges in the areas of distributed high-performance computing for a high-available cloud environment.
Candidate is hands-on and passionate about exploiting multiple languages and programming techniques across products, frameworks and API layers ‘using the right tool for the right job’ to address sustainable Big Data, Search and Visualization platforms and solutions.
- Responsible for building scalable data platform using open source technologies.
- Analyze and improve scalability of data collection, storage processes, and web-services.
- Implement and establish development practices, framework standards and adoption of these standards.
- Establish and maintain Continuous Deployment methodologies including working with SQA teams to enforce unit and automated testing
- Develop required tools to automate management of all facets of data operations.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with Amazon AWS Cloud services
- Demonstrated knowledge in applying REST-based API frameworks to large scale, high traffic web services.
- Programming skills: Python, SQL
- Experience in Agile SCRUM project management methodologies.
- Experience with NoSQL platforms, such as Cassandra, Spark, and Hadoop.
- Prefer to work in a nimble and dynamic environment, with strong emphasis on ownership and responsibility
- Ability and passion to pick up new technologies and stay on the leading edge of full-stack development.
Education and Experience
- B.S. in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years of programming experience, with emphasis on Linux-based distributed systems
- Experience with cornice, pyramid, nginx skills
- Experience with Java/Scala
- Comfortable developing in Linux environment
- Git source control
- Strong communication and organizational skills
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disability/Veterans. Please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster & Supplement, Right to Work and Pay Transparency Policy. IHS Markit is a participant in E-Verify (see links below). We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.