Switchfly is the most comprehensive e-commerce platform for travel and loyalty. Our flexible white-label platform powers personalized, feature rich, and localized websites for global brands in travel, financial services and ecommerce.
We’re looking for a versatile and proactive UX/IxD Designer to focus on designing & developing the User Interface, User Experience and Visual Design layer of our responsive travel SaaS products. A strong html/css background and understanding of atomic & pattern based UI development is a plus!
- Active in every stage of product user experience lifecycle, including product & feature ideation and definition, user research, rapid prototyping, UI design and testing.
- Will collaborate with senior UI designer, product management, developers, and engineers to solve design problems and create flexible, intuitive and scalable UI and UX solutions for the core product platform, as well as client-specific environments and feature-sets
- Advocate for users and user centered design practices while collaborating across multiple project teams to deliver best experience for end users in conjunction with client’s business objectives.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, and site maps to effectively communicate initial interaction and design ideas
- Create and conduct test plans to measure usability and gather user feedback
- Collaborate with senior UI designers & developers to promote design guidelines, comprehensive style guide and pattern library
- Pair with UX/UI leads and developers to develop UI mockups and functional prototypes (lo and high fidelity) that clearly illustrate product experience and maintain clients’ brand/voice
- Effectively communicate design choices & direction to multiple stakeholders (internal and external) with research, design principles, and objective facts
- Actively contributes to establishing strong design culture and adherence to best practices and standards, with a keen awareness of trends and innovations within the travel industry.
- A minimum of four years of UX or interaction design experience; experience with responsive web design and frameworks such as Bootstrap.
- Ability to quickly prototype dynamic mid/high-fidelity mockups & functional interaction models.
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, personas, site maps
- Solid understanding of web accessibility standards and best practices
- Ability to work within & contribute to existing design system and patterns library.
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders. Ability to give & take feedback respectfully.
- Proficiency in graphic design, motion graphics, digital art, a sensitivity to typography, color, layout, and a general awareness of materials/textures.
- Experience in working with a cross-functional team or large-scale software development lifecycle, including waterfall and agile methodologies.