Direct and control all aspects of the Technology Services and Support team including departmental management, strategic and tactical direction planning and staff administration to ensure both service and operational key performance indicators are achieved through effective leadership, motivation and coaching.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
. Manages an assigned team of personnel which includes understanding skill types and proficiencies, planning, coaching, recruitment, selection, career and performance development and mentoring.
• Monitors staff performance, works with employees to implement goals and document progress.
• Manages resources in a cost-effective, innovative manner including assisting subordinates in effective use of resources and tools.
• Manages staff to ensure all duties are performed in an accurate and timely manner.
• Plans and maintains efficient operations by designing, implementing and evaluating level one operations process.
• Develops, implements and monitors policies and procedures.
• Monitors and analyzes telephone statistics and forecasts adjusting schedules to match call volumes.
• Implements production, productivity, quality and customer service standards.
• Identifies and resolves problems, completes audits, determines system improvements and implements changes and resolves escalations.
• Works with project managers, account managers and relationship managers on implementing support enhancements and resolving client escalations.
• Develops an overall strategy to meet departmental/business unit goals and objectives.
• Negotiates solutions and resolves conflicts that have been escalated from a supervisor or manager.
• Assists in the projection of future operational requirements based upon current operations, projected growth and strategic direction.
• Collaborates with other client support managers to drive consistent process and productivity improvements.
• Leads the development of client support programs and process improvements that enhance the level of external customer service.
• Monitors and reports daily, monthly and yearly key performance indicators.
• Assists in the management of technology tools and reports that support operational requirements and efficiencies for department.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
General Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Requires strong management, organizational, team building, coaching and mentoring skills
• Requires strong business skills, industry knowledge, financial management and planning skills, long-term vision and executive presence
• Experience managing multiple projects using standard project management methodologies in all implementations
• Strong skills in statistical analysis and problem resolution
Considerable knowledge of all operations lifecycle phases, e.g., requirements definition, risk management, implementation, deployment, maintenance
• Considerable knowledge of IT production administration and operations activities and controls
• Strong knowledge of FIS products and services and business operations
• Ability to formulate, implement and evaluate plans, programs and procedures applicable to information processing operations
• Ability to identify and facilitate constant process improvements through the use of available resources
• Proven ability to function in an environment that requires flexibility, good judgment and sound decision-making often based on limited information and/or under extreme conditions
• Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise and professional manner appropriate to audience including executive levels
• Requires the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management (internally/externally), employees, clients and public
Technology Services Manager:
Intermediate managerial role – manages employees who perform similar or related tasks within a single component of the program and has responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing. Results are internally focused and directly affect the program or are externally focused and affect a segment of customers, partners, stakeholders and/or employees. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Provides guidance to team members within latitude of established company policies. Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect group. Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends. Follows processes and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Acts as advisor to team members in meeting schedules and/or resolving problems. Develops and administers schedules, performance requirements, and may have budget responsibilities. Typically requires three to five leadership experience, as well as specific knowledge of specific FIS products.
FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. FIS empowers the financial world with software, services, consulting and outsourcing solutions focused on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, trade enablement, transaction processing and record-keeping. FIS’ more than 53,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clients’ business forward. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.