This senior leader position is responsible for directing the Design Assurance Engineering (DAE) organization, a group of multi-disciplinary engineers and technicians that assures Bose products meet or exceed the requirements of their governing product definitions.
The position is responsible for managing five groups including Validation Engineering, Product Quality Engineering, Field Quality Operations, Compliance Engineering and Reliability Engineering.
The Design Assurance Engineering Director is the primary point of contact with the various product developmental organizations, Legal, Sales and Manufacturing to ensure the group is aware of and meeting all the expectations of the corporation in performing the product assurance functions.
The DAE director’s responsibilities have company-wide effect. Decisions made could result in major business or brand image impact. A good balance of broad technical knowledge and credibility within the product development groups is a critical qualification for the position.
The DAE director establishes the objectives and long-range strategy for the group in alignment with overall strategy for GDE. The position is also responsible for all standard functional management tasks including resource planning, budgeting, salary planning and performance management.
- Manage a group of approximately 90 engineers and technicians in four major sub-groups: Compliance Assurance Engineering, Quality Assurance Engineering, Reliability Engineering and Validation Engineering.
- Perform standard management duties: Setting performance goals, writing and approving yearlyappraisals, cost center budget generation and management, salary planning, leading staff meetings, approving purchases and expense reports, setting policies, etc.
- Create and drive departmental strategies aligned with corporate and divisional strategies
- Ensure that quality objectives for new product programs align with corporate strategic quality and reliability goals.
- Ultimately be responsible for the safety, reliability and international compliance of Bose products
- Work with Joint Development Manufacturing (JDM) partners to establish design assurance requirements, including validation testing and product certification standards, and oversee their successful execution
- Implement new test strategies to better assess new designs, support new product technologies, and improve the overall quality and efficiency of testing.
- Interact with senior management of cross functional divisions and support groups to jointly develop objectives and align on product development models
- Drive effective preventive actions in response to internal, field, and customer failures.
- Support the effective deployment of 8D, APQP, PPAP, FMEA and other quality tools
- Participate in meetings and investigations into field safety issues to determine severity, recommend actions, decide on appropriate responses and escalation levels.
- Participate in meetings and efforts to gather data and work towards resolution of major project development and launch issues when they are related to areas of DAE expertise.
- Track significant project issues and general project progress status to speak for the department as the final authority at divisional meetings.
- Ensure compliance with our Quality Management System and accreditation requirements
- BS degree in engineering required, EE or ME highly desired, Physics or Chemistry possible
- Advanced degree desirable
- 10 + years of technical management experience, ideally in a product development role for electro-mechanical devices
- Strong people management skills including developing coaching and mentoring staff.
- Evidence for creating a culture that inspires and engages employees.
- Experience in international regulatory standards and approvals is highly desirable.
- Strong leadership skills and strategic thinking.
- Must be able to collaborate across organizations.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with consumer electronics is highly desirable.
Bose is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. For additional information, please review: (1) the EEO is the Law Poster (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf);
and (2) its Supplements (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm).
Please note, the company's pay transparency is available at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf.
Bose is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Wellbeing@bose.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.