Staff Quality Assurance Engineer
In this role, you will:
- Own large sized tasks or small projects and delivers QE artifacts. Manages deliverables and mentors junior team members.
- Contribute in driving initiatives such as defining coding standards and processes to ensure quality code is produced.
- Appropriately reuse existing code wherever possible; drives same behaviors across team while coaching other developers to improve their code quality.
- Develop and enhance the test infrastructure and continuous integration framework used across teams at the COE.
- Determine testing best practices and principals and promotes them across the organization.
- Be an expert in developing and executing maintainable automation tests for acceptance, functional, and regression test cases.
- Be skilled at developing code for other developers to learn from.
- Be skilled in integrating project testing with continuous-integration process.
- Work with fellow team members to diagnose bugs and formulate solutions.
- Provide functional and technical expertise in bug fixes.
- Act as an expert in the quality engineering, manages test plans and testing methodology for software projects.
- Uses test automation techniques (data driven, pairwise, mocking, test hooks) that fit the problem space. Understands designing and coding for testability to produce quality code with the lowest cost.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
You are responsible for test creation, testing a large module or a large component and designing a feature, set of features, or whole feature area. You will work independently and contribute to the immediate team and to other teams across business. You will lead software quality engineering discussions in a limited manner and mentor other junior quality engineers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- A minimum of 8 years of professional experience in software development/testing practices OR Master’s degree with 6 years of experience in software development/testing practices OR PhD with 3 years of experience in software development/testing practices
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
- Must be willing to travel (<20%)
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Cincinnati, OH
- An understanding of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Working experience with software development and software quality assurance
- Knowledge of current trends and advancements with software development and testing
- Knowledge of various testing types such as black box testing, security testing, system testing, unit testing and related automation techniques and toolsets
- Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
- Experience in building scalable and highly available distributed systems
- Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks
- Evangelizes how our technology solves customer problems from a technology and business perspective
- Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
- Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas
- Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
- Shares knowledge, power, and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill
- Able to work under minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
- Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility
- Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members. Shows ability to effectively delegate work.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces