Staff Enterprise Application Engineer
In this role, you will:
- Available 24x7 to quickly respond and resolve critical service outages severely impacting consumers
- Establish performance baseline, capacity thresholds, correlate events, and define monitoring/alerting criteria
- Develop automated solutions to address potential problems before they result in a service interruption
- Provide impact assessment and mitigation plan for changes going into the production environment
- Investigate root cause of severe and systemic outages, identify corrective actions and apply across the enterprise
- Develop availability measures that align with consumer experience to accurately assess the usability of crucial services
- Build capacity models to baseline transactional load compared to resource performance and leverage data to predict overall system capacity while automating load placement to avoid outages
- Identify thresholds for all critical links in the data path to quickly isolate where imbalances may result in potential outages
- Analyze failure points in services to model risk level and resolution steps if failure occurs. Assist in driving architecture enhancements into system to mitigate potential failure points
- Programmatically monitor for and remediate configuration drift of critical devices
- Develop response plans to potential failure points and evaluate effectiveness during planned tests
- Perform comprehensive operational health checks of the entire services to identify areas of concern and track activities to drive improvements at all levels of the architecture
- Provide technical coaching and direction to more junior teammates
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE is building operations teams focused on performance and availability of Compute and Network infrastructure consumed by all business segments. These teams are composed of highly talented individuals obsessively focused with availability through operational excellence. The ideal individual is relentlessly technical, passionate for automating everything and totally committed to delivering amazing customer experiences.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Management, similar STEM degree, or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum 5 years IT experience in enterprise-wide deployments
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Atlanta, Ga
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new technologies
- Demonstrated customer focus – evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer; builds strong customer relationships; creates processes with customer viewpoint; partners with customers to help shape their future initiatives
- Strong analytical and strong problem solving skills - communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information/data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve; creates actionable strategies and operational plans
- Change oriented – actively generates process improvements; champions and drives change initiatives; confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways, balances multiple and competing priorities and executes accordingly
- Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or other Public Cloud DevOps and/or Solution Architecture Certification
- Demonstrated experience scripting or developing software and services for the cloud Ruby, Python, Go, Java, Node.js, .NET, etc.
- Demonstrated Hands On Experience Developing Solutions with Cloud Orchestration Tools (Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Salt, etc.)
- Thought leader, and/or certification in modern IT/developer operations
- Hands on experience designing and implementing solutions leveraging multiple services within public cloud providers
- Strong Knowledge of IP Networking including VPC’s, VPN’s, VRF, DNS, Load-balancing, and Firewalls
- Demonstrated Experience with the Software Development Lifecycle and Associated Tools
- Understanding of SOA and REST
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces