At Protiviti, we believe that a career is about more than just working, providing deliverables, and being compensated for your efforts. A Protiviti Career is about opportunities to lead, learn, grow, and make a difference.
We strive to recruit and hire the best talent. But it doesn't stop there. Once you join us, we build your career through exceptional work experiences, a culture focused on learning and development, and a commitment to the things that matter to you.
Are you inspired to make a difference?
You've come to the right place.
Los Angeles Technology Consulting Security & Privacy Senior Consultant
The Senior Consultant has primary responsibility for direct supervision of Consultants in developing and executing Information Security project work plans. The Senior Consultant has direct, client-facing engagement responsibilities such as performing interviews and will also be responsible for reviewing documentation, examining system/device configurations, analyzing root causes, and creating supporting documentation (observations and recommendations). The Senior Consultant learns to identify areas of IT risk in the client environment and opportunities to help them to improve information security, and business processes.
- Performing internal penetration testing and vulnerability assessments at client sites
- Assisting with Internal Audit projects evaluating IT security control effectiveness
- Assisting with PCI Gap Analysis, Remediation Projects, and Assessments
- Assisting with HIPAA/HITRUST-related projects
- Assisting with IT Security Process Improvement projects (such as redesigning their vulnerability management or incidence response)
General Knowledge & Skills
- Prior project management and supervisory skills ideal.
- Ability to work in a team environment and foster client relationships.
- Understanding of the importance of business ethics.
- Sound job administration skills.
- Above-average written and verbal communication skills, including documentation of findings and recommendations.
- Analytical skills.
- Ability to handle highly confidential information in a strictly professional manner.
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor in times of high stress.
- Develop and apply proficiency with Protiviti policies and methodologies.
- Apply understanding of business processes and technical skills to successful completion of projects.
- Develop understanding of project requirements and client’s business.
Technical Knowledge & Skills
- 3+ years hands on experience with security or administration of either systems (Windows/Linux) or network devices (routers/firewalls/switches). As a substitute, less experience in those areas but experience in database administration or software development is acceptable.
- Intermediate knowledge of common IT topics such as networking and configuring Windows and/or Linux systems.
- 3+ years hands on experience in one or more of the following Operating Systems: Windows Server 2012/200x, Linux and UNIX.
- Hands on experience with securing systems, networks, and/or applications.
- Knowledge of present-day security topics and concerns.
- Participation in information security conferences.
- Knowledge of information system architecture and security controls (i.e. firewall and border router configurations, operating systems configurations, wireless architectures, databases, specialized appliances and information security policies and procedures).
Education & Professional Credentials
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (Computer Information Systems, Information System Technologies, Management Information Systems).
- Minimum GPA 3.0.
- 3+ years in a related field, preferably in professional services and/or industry.
- Professional Certification such as CISSP, CISM, GSEC, GIAC, CEH, CPT are strongly preferred.
Ability to Travel
- Travel throughout the month frequently required based on client requests/commitments.
Protiviti is not licensed or registered as a public accounting firm and does not issue opinions on financial statements or offer attestation services.
For all US & Canada Postings: You may submit your application materials online or call 1.888.556.7420 for additional ways to apply. Protiviti is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
For positions located in San Francisco, CA: Protiviti will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For positions located in Los Angeles, CA: Robert Half will consider for employment qualified Applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
CA PRO LOS ANGELES