At Protiviti, we believe that a career is about more than just working, providing deliverables, and being compensated for your efforts. A Protiviti Career is about opportunities to lead, learn, grow, and make a difference.
We strive to recruit and hire the best talent. But it doesn't stop there. Once you join us, we build your career through exceptional work experiences, a culture focused on learning and development, and a commitment to the things that matter to you.
Are you inspired to make a difference?
You've come to the right place.
Dallas Healthcare Senior Consultant - Technology
HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY PRACTICE
Protiviti's healthcare industry team helps leaders make better decisions by managing the risks they face today, as well as illuminating the risks and unforeseen consequences inherent in their strategies for growth and opportunity in the future.
Healthcare is a strategic industry at Protiviti with dedicated professionals and a Healthcare Center of Excellence that is organized to gather insights from all Protiviti healthcare clients for knowledge sharing and solution advancement, to develop industry-specific training and best practices, and to be actively involved in industry-specific associations as speakers and industry thought leaders.
ROLE DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of team members.
The Senior Consultant is responsible for:
- Direct supervision of Consultants, serving as both a role model and trainer in helping them to develop technical and professional competency.
- Planning, scoping, developing, and leading projects, including developing work plans that comply with Protiviti policies and methodologies.
- Leading interviews with process owners to understand current state systems, processes, and/or controls and assessing risk with minimal oversight and supervision.
- Evaluating design and operating effectiveness of in-scope IT process areas, including efficiency, effectiveness, and mitigating controls, and procedures to remediate risks and gaps.
- Preparing reports/deliverables on findings and recommendations for senior management.
- Reviewing deliverables, project work papers, and other supporting process documentation for quality.
- Communicating process and control strengths and weaknesses to the client or internal project management team and developing effective solutions.
- Performing job administration responsibilities, including status reports, budget to actuals, and peer evaluations for consulting staff.
- Ensuring timely completion of assigned project phases within a provided budget.
- Exhibiting strong ethical behavior and strong morals.
- Developing and maintaining effective client relationships.
It is expected that the Senior Consultant may work on IT Audit and/or IT Consulting related engagements.
EDUCATIONAL & PROFESSIONAL CREDENTIALS
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Business Related Field required.
- 3+ years in consulting, internal audit, assurance services, or related field, either in professional services or industry (with a minimum of 2 of those years being specifically related to the healthcare industry).
- Professional Certification such as PMP, CIA, CISA, CISSP, HCISSP, CPHIMS, CPHIT, or similar is strongly preferred.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Demonstrated project management, supervisory, leadership, and mentoring experience.
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact in team environment and foster client relationships.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills including documentation of findings and recommendations.
- Strong listening skills to discern the best course of action for our clients.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- An advanced skill base in consulting/professional services, internal auditing, or other relevant industry-specific position.
- Solid understanding of core information technology processes and controls (security administration, application and system change management, data center operations; data management, disaster recovery, etc.), current trends in information technology, and emerging themes in the market place.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite applications with specific emphasis on Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
REQUIRED INDUSTRY KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- A minimum of 2 years of prior experience in the healthcare industry is required (whether in professional services or in an industry position), preferably related to provider operations including hospitals and ancillary services with strong knowledge in that space.
- Strong knowledge of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of healthcare-specific information security / cybersecurity practices is preferred.
- Understanding of other relevant regulatory knowledge within the industry including, but not limited to: CMS, OIG, ACA, MACRA, etc.
ABILITY TO TRAVEL
- Travel throughout the month frequently required based upon client requests/commitments. Travel may include suburban, regional, or out of state locations.
Protiviti is not licensed or registered as a public accounting firm and does not issue opinions on financial statements or offer attestation services.
For all US & Canada Postings: You may submit your application materials online or call 1.888.556.7420 for additional ways to apply. Protiviti is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
TX PRO DALLAS