At Protiviti, we believe that a career is about more than just working, providing deliverables, and being compensated for your efforts. A Protiviti Career is about opportunities to lead, learn, grow, and make a difference.
We strive to recruit and hire the best talent. But it doesn't stop there. Once you join us, we build your career through exceptional work experiences, a culture focused on learning and development, and a commitment to the things that matter to you.
Are you inspired to make a difference?
You've come to the right place.
San Francisco Technology Consulting Security & Privacy Manager
The Manager is responsible for serving clients and ensuring the successful execution of projects. Managers develop lasting relationships with client personnel and seek to further these relationships through quality product delivery. The manager is responsible for understanding their client’s business and demonstrating technical expertise in their product group and industry. Managers develop contacts within the business community and serve as ambassadors of Protiviti in the market
General Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and foster client relationships.
- Understanding of the importance of business ethics.
- Sound job administration skills.
- Above-average written and verbal communication skills, including documentation of findings and recommendations.
- Analytical skills.
- Ability to handle highly confidential information in a strictly professional manner.
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor in times of high stress.
- Develop and apply proficiency with Protiviti policies and methodologies.
- Apply understanding of business processes and technical skills to successful completion of projects.
- Develop understanding of project requirements and client’s business.
Technical Knowledge & Skills
- Proficiency in utilization of information security tools such as Nessus, Kismet, NMAP, Wireshark, WebInspect and Nikto, and manual techniques to exploit vulnerabilities in the OWASP top 10 including but not limited to cross-site scripting, SQL injections, session hi-jacking and buffer overflows to obtain controlled access to target systems.
- Ability to perform network traffic forensic analysis, utilizing packet capturing software, to isolate malicious network behavior, inappropriate network use or identification of insecure network protocols.
- 5+ years hands on experience in one or more of the following Operating Systems: Windows, Linux and UNIX.
- 5+ years practical experience in TCP/IP Networking.
- A diverse skill base in both Information Systems and Information Security which address organizational structure and administration practices, system development and maintenance procedures, system software and hardware controls, security and access controls, computer operations, environmental protection and detection, and backup and recovery procedures.
- Attack and Penetration experience in testing of Internet infrastructure and Web-based applications utilizing manual and automated tools.
- Knowledge of information system architecture and security controls (i.e. firewall and border router configurations, operating systems configurations, wireless architectures, databases, specialized appliances and information security policies and procedures).
Education & Professional Credentials
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (Computer Information Systems, Information System Technologies, Management Information Systems).
- Minimum GPA 3.0.
- 5+ years in a related field, preferably in professional services and/or industry.
- Professional Certification such as CISSP, CISM, GSEC, GIAC, CEH, CPT are strongly preferred.
Ability to Travel
- Travel throughout the month frequently required based on client requests/commitments.
Protiviti is not licensed or registered as a public accounting firm and does not issue opinions on financial statements or offer attestation services.
For all US & Canada Postings: You may submit your application materials online or call 1.888.556.7420 for additional ways to apply. Protiviti is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
For positions located in San Francisco, CA: Protiviti will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For positions located in Los Angeles, CA: Robert Half will consider for employment qualified Applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
CA PRO SAN FRANCISCO