At Protiviti, we believe that a career is about more than just working, providing deliverables, and being compensated for your efforts. A Protiviti Career is about opportunities to lead, learn, grow, and make a difference.
We strive to recruit and hire the best talent. But it doesn't stop there. Once you join us, we build your career through exceptional work experiences, a culture focused on learning and development, and a commitment to the things that matter to you.
Are you inspired to make a difference?
You've come to the right place.
Salt Lake City Internal Audit & Financial Advisory Senior Manager
SALT LAKE CITY
ROLE DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of team members.
The Senior Manager is responsible for:
- Overseeing product solutions within the Internal Audit and Financial Advisory (IAFA) practice
- Leading project planning, administrative and project management activities on all assigned projects.
- Maintaining client satisfaction on all assigned projects.
- Leveraging technical competence in product solution or industry to articulate the value of our business to existing or prospective clients.
- Developing a portfolio of business through exceptional client service delivery and active involvement in proposal opportunities.
- Maintaining overall responsibility for the profitability of all client related work within their portfolio as well as managing the profitability of these portfolios.
- Having supervisory responsibility of and providing feedback to Consultants, Senior Consultants, and Managers, along with providing longer-term advising to a select number of team members.
- Fostering the development of a positive teaming environment for all engagement team members.
- Managing multiple client projects simultaneously, while also working on internal initiatives and proposal opportunities.
- Formulating initiatives that contribute to the strategic aims of the IAFA practice and leading the execution of such initiatives.
- Attending Internal Audit conferences to represent the firm, understand the marketplace, and network with perspective clients.
- Taking an active role in identifying and recruiting the future employees of Protiviti.
- Delivering on Protiviti’s strategic objectives, including Our Promises to Our People:
- Creating exceptional development opportunities
- Fostering a global, collaborative, workplace
- Creating opportunities for our Seniors and Consultants to have an impact
- Remain committed to the communities that we serve
EDUCATIONAL & PROFESSIONAL CREDENTIALS
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (e.g. Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, or Business Related Field) required.
- 8+ years working in internal audit, consulting, assurance services, or a related field, either in professional services or industry.
- Professional Certification such as CPA, CIA, CISA, or similar strongly preferred.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Exceptional leadership, and team building skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact in team environment and foster client relationships.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills including documentation of findings and recommendations.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- An in-depth understanding of internal audit processes and objectives.
- In-depth knowledge of core business processes such as Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Inventory, etc. with knowledge of current accounting (GAAP) and auditing (GAAS) principles.
- Advanced knowledge of commonly used internal control frameworks, including COSO and COBIT.
- Advanced knowledge of audit methodologies and developing key internal audit deliverables, including process flows, work programs, audit reports, and control summaries.
- Advanced knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Act provisions and methodologies for achieving compliance.
- Advanced knowledge of The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA’s) code of ethics and compliance requirements.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite applications with specific emphasis on Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Secondary emphasis on Visio and Access.
ABILITY TO TRAVEL
- Travel throughout the month frequently required based upon client requests/commitments. Travel may include suburban, regional, or out of state locations.
Protiviti is not licensed or registered as a public accounting firm and does not issue opinions on financial statements or offer attestation services.
For all US & Canada Postings: You may submit your application materials online or call 1.888.556.7420 for additional ways to apply. Protiviti is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
UT PRO SALT LAKE CITY