Back to all current positions
Porch is seeking a Senior Salesforce Engineer to join our Salesforce engineering team. In this role, you will be focused on improving the efficiency of our sales, homeowner, and account management teams. You will be a part of a small team driving large impact, enabling our business to operate more efficiently. You need to be adaptable, inventive, and responsive.
- Collaborate with the business teams, product management, software engineers, and data engineers through the entire software development process to deliver features to production
- Develop custom solutions in VisualForce, Apex, Java, AJAX, and other key technologies
- Handle deployment of solutions
- Provide technical leadership on best practices for integration with Salesforce, in-house systems, and third-party systems
- Actively seek out opportunities to leverage Salesforce, driving productivity gains for a rapidly scaling sales team
- Daily administration and support, manage multiple user setup, customize objects and fields, create and customize record types, page layouts, and process builder
- BS in Computer Science or similar field or relevant experience
- 5+ years of experience in Salesforce development
- Strong command of Apex, Visualforce, controllers, triggers, batch processes
- Experience with Salesforce APIs including Force.com SOAP and REST APIs, Bulk API, and Metadata API
- Detailed experience writing Visualforce and Apex classes and triggers
- Hands on experience with tools like Data Loader, Eclipse/Mavensmate, APEX Explorer, Ant Scripts, AJAX tool kit
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated history of successfully delivering Salesforce customizations
- Experience in Java is strongly preferred
- Experience in working with cross-functional, globally dispersed teams
- Strong team skills including the ability to lead and be a team player
Porch sprang to life to tackle an age old, recurring problem; with a vision to connect homeowners with the highest quality home improvement professionals, and realize the potential of every home. Porch delivers high quality project requests to professionals which make up the $400 billion home improvement market. Porch’s mission is to ensure every home project gets done right, and every customer has a great experience. We aim to build a lasting brand that delivers quality, data-driven, delightful results.
Porch was founded by a successful duo of entrepreneurs and is fueled by our experienced leaders and their team of techies who build beautiful products, have relentless customer focus, and put team before self. Based in Seattle, Porch is backed by Valor Equity Partners, Lowe’s Home Improvement, and celebrity handyman, Ty Pennington.