We believe in the power of people. We are a network strategy and technology company that is motivated by making a difference in people’s lives – their productivity, their creativity, their health and comfort. That’s why our engineers design and implement technologies that allow people to do great things.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Take a lead in engagements with sales teams and customers to position Ciena solutions for successful market penetration. Act in a consultative and influential way, leveraging subject matter expertise, to position Ciena solutions as the preferred approach to service delivery and network architecture relative to competitive alternatives.
- Identify and new solutions including value proposition, customer application, products involved, key features & technologies, roadmap requirements, interoperability requirements and projected market / revenue opportunity.
- Define solutions requirements in sufficient technical detail to guide PLM/PLA and ultimately engineering efforts to implement new features required to fulfill solutions. This will involve requirements on both software platforms as well as packet-optical hardware platforms.
- Responsibility for the solution lifecycle from concept to go-to-market. Act as a “champion” for solution and coordinate / align development with other groups such as as Product Line Management, Technology Strategy, Segment Strategy, Solution & Network Engineering, and Marketing.
- Assist PLM in setting priorities for product enhancements based on specific customer demand, general market demand, technology trends, and competitive analysis
- Leverage product/solution subject matter expertise to convey solution benefits and positioning to customers, marketing and sales.
- Provide education & knowledge transfer in support of marketing efforts to generate solution collateral such as presentations, white papers, and solution guides.
- BS in engineering, computer science or equivalent with 8 years or more experience in a technical role the networking industry
- Experience with IP/MPLS/Ethernet and related network switching & routing products and technologies
- Knowledge of IEEE, IETF and MEF standards as they pertain to Ethernet and IP networking, including
- IETF IP, MPLS, Segment Routing standards
- MEF Implementation Agreements
- Ethernet OAM concepts and protocols such as IEEE 802.1ag and Y.1731
- Ethernet protection schemes such as G.8032v2
- Connection-oriented Ethernet technologies such as IETF MPLS-TP and IEEE 802.1Qay
- Knowledge of optical networking concepts and technologies such as WDM, CDC ROADMs, photonic switching, OTN, GMPLS, coherent modems & modulation schemes
- Knowledge of SDN concepts such as centralized control, path computation, provisioning, Netconf/YANG, and APIs is desired
- Knowledge of NFV orchestration concepts including VNF instantiation and management and integration with cloud management platforms such as OpenStack & VMware is desired
- Application knowledge is desirable in the following areas: wireless backhaul, business Ethernet, residential broadband and triple-play, cloud services, and data center / cloud connectivity
- Professional who takes ownership of problems from beginning to end
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Willingness to travel
Ciena values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender and age.