EO/AA Employer including Vets and Disabled
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered in accordance with legal requirements.
Job Description Summary
The Contact Center Representative (Agent) is responsible for assisting customers with account research, problem solving, online banking access and debit card disputes. Agent ensures timely and accurate resolution which may require collaboration with other departments. Agent communicates the status of the request with the customer if the issue is not resolved at first point of contact. Agent is proficient with technology systems used to enroll and support customers with online banking, bill pay, mobile banking, debit cards, and the VRU. Agent has excellent customer service skills and delivers a superior customer experience resulting in retention of existing customers and development of customer loyalty. Agent responds to customer inquiries through multiple channels including telephone, email, web chat, and digital channels (including online, mobile and IVR).
- Respond to customer inquiries via telephone, email, web chat, or digital channels on banking products, services, and rates while providing friendly, accurate, and speedy service.
- Resolve customer issues timely and thoroughly, seeking to exceed customer expectation on every interaction. Minimize customer transfers and hold times.
- Respond to online banking, mobile banking, and bill payment inquiries; troubleshoot connectivity issues for online banking and bill payment; resolve User ID and password access issues; resolve bill payment issues within service level agreement standards.
- Prepare and process requests for withdrawals, transfers, duplicate statements, stop payments, service charge refunds, change of address, deposit research, debit card orders, cancel and reactivation of debit cards, and other transaction requests.
- Act in a mentor capacity for newly hired representatives.
- Maintain required performance standards in quality, occupancy, attendance, and adherence.
- Ensure the security of customer information and assist with minimizing bank losses by performing customer verification on each interaction.
- Accurately track the call reason for training, forecasting, and trending purposes.
- Manage and utilize time efficiently to ensure service quality, customer satisfaction, and the achievement of key performance indicator goals for the Contact Center.
- Look for opportunities to introduce products and services that match customers’ needs.
- Answer internal and external customer telephone inquiries by using proper telephone guideline, account verification techniques, utilizing multiple banking systems to access customer account information and following through to a satisfactory resolution on inquiries, requests, or complaints promptly.
- Maintain knowledge on banking products and complies with regulations that include but are not limited to overdraft protection, Regulation E, Regulation D, Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Regulation CC, Privacy Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), and Non-Public Personal Information (NPPI), Right to Financial Privacy Act (RFPA), identity theft, red flags, Unfair Deceptive or Abusive Acts or Practices (UDAAP), financial elder abuse and OFAC.
- Assist clients with the completion of debit card disputes, ACH disputes, or check fraud affidavits.
- Assist in the completion of new account or loan applications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required.
- 6 months customer service experience.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, customer service skills, and the ability to analyze, organize, and present information.
- Strong interpersonal skills to fully identify the need and resolve while minimizing client effort.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Basic computer navigation and keyboarding skills, including the ability to multi-task and navigate between multiple systems.
- Unquestionable integrity and demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality in handling sensitive and private information in all aspects of the job.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to prioritize and follow-up in a timely manner.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule/overtime, as needed.
- Ability to adapt to change and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products.
- Ability to work shift any time between 7 AM Pacific and 8 PM Pacific Monday through Friday and 9 AM Pacific to 6 PM Pacific on Saturday.
- Sit, Stand, Walk: While performing the duties of the job, the person in this position is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, and interact with staff.
- Use of Hands/Fingers: To operate a computer, keyboard, mouse and other office productivity machinery such as but not limited to: a calculator, copy machine, and printer. The person in this position is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
- Speech/Hearing: The person in this position frequently communicates via phone and in person. Must be able to talk to/hear employees.
- Lifting/Pulling/Carrying: The person in this position must occasionally list/move up to 30 lbs.
- Bending/Kneeling: The person in this position occasionally moves to retrieve items for use in daily work activities.
This Position Description may not be limited to the Functions and Requirements as outlined, now or in the future. For example, changes in corporate needs, position demands, or individual performance may result in changes to the Functions or Requirements of this position.
Customer Service (Sales)