Job Description Summary
Direct supervision of all Sonesta ES Suites branded hotels. Accountable for delivering best in class results in revenue performance; profit performance and operating efficiencies, exceptional guest experience, employee engagement and development and asset management for all ES Suites hotels. Responsible for refinement and execution of Brand Standards and evolving the brand promise of Sonesta ES Suites. In collaboration with Senior team, responsible for growing the total number of hotels by exceeding Ownership financial expectations, and all key performance indicators.
- Full Profit and Loss responsibilities for Sonesta ES Suites ; including proactively leading and supporting both Regional team members and properties to deliver desired results with respect to topline revenue, profitability, employee engagement and guest experience. Responsible for developing and accountable to achieve key performance metrics and indicators.
- Drive and monitor both short term and long range Brand goals and hotel goals in conjunction with property team and Corporate Leadership Team to assist in achieving company objectives.
- Oversee hotel marketing and rate strategies and initiatives and evaluate sales teams and sales goals, in order to enable optimize revenue performance of all hotels. Utilize knowledge of the markets, the competition and demand generators to maximize sales efforts.
- Ensure brand operating and product standards are in place; and lead a cross functional work team to identify, develop and implement revised and new standards to enhance Sonesta ES Suites market positioning.
- Lead and audit Quality Assurance program across the brand so Brand Standards are achieved
- Acts as a senior leader within the company by active participation on Senior Leadership team, as well as providing mentorship and development to Regional Team Members and hotel General Managers and leaders, and helps drive Corporate policies, procedures and direction.
- Responsible for leading and evolving operational support model for Sonesta ES Suites to include Regional Teams and Functional support from Corporate departments.
- Participate in development process of new hotels – by contributing to market feasibility analysis, pro forma development, and conversion cost estimates.
- Together with the corporate team, successfully bringing new properties on line, including planning, hiring, implementing procedures, and managing through the conversion and renovation process.
- Lead operations team of ES Suites through the continued growth of the brand by effectively holding regional team and functional support teams accountable for delivering expected results
- Drive and support a guest-centric culture, helping raise the bar in terms of guest experience and service; with goal of improving revenues and flow thru.
- Partner with the training discipline to identify operational training needs to support best-in-class and consistent guest experience delivery; and improving operating efficiencies.
- Drive and support and live brand culture and values at every opportunity;
- Promote the sharing of best practices in all disciplines between hotels and brands; identifying best in class operating practices and implementing them across the organization
- Have the ability to interact at all levels of the organization – including General Managers; Corporate Senior Leadership; Ownership; and corporate support departments.
- Develop a strong partnership and open communications with Ownership to align strategies, execution, and outcomes.
- Work with EVP Operations to identify areas of leverage and synergies with Sonesta Full Service hotels
Strategy and Planning Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversight and responsibility for the following key activities for individual hotels:
- Hotel Priorities and Individual Department Priorities
- Annual Operating Budgets and Capital Budgets
- 10 Year Capital Plan
- Annual Sales and Marketing Plan
- Quality Assurance and Adherence to Brand Standards
Financial Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversight and responsibility for the following key metrics and results for individual hotels:
- Manage hotel to budgeted labor and expense KPIs
- Accurate and timely financial reporting and critiques
- Meet and exceed budgeted ROIC targets
- Achieve Flow/Flex target of 50% or Theoretical Flow Thrus
- Accountable for Forecast accuracy
People Management Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversight and responsibility for the following areas for individual hotels:
o Attract, retain, and inspire the best talent
o Grow and develop talent in order to create an internal pipeline for key positions
o Lead a Culture of Caring by example with respect, integrity and ethics
o Accountable for overall employee engagement and retention
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
- Health Benefits (Health & Dental Insurance)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Sonesta Hotels & Other Outlets Discounts
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Days
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Newborn & Adopted Child Leave
- Spousal & Domestic Partner Leave
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Credit Union
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Activities & Events
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete applications received will not be considered.