What You’ll Get to Do:
Team CACI has an exciting and challenging opportunity available for a Subject Matter Expert Wireless Network Communications Engineer supporting an Intelligence Community customer’s wide-area (WAN), local-area (LAN) and campus-area (CAN) networks across multiple security domains.
Experience in complex wireless telecommunications involving all phases of design, implementation, accreditation and analysis in a production environment. Performs research, requirements analysis, design, installation, troubleshooting, and support of wireless local-area network hardware, software and applications. Can install and configure wireless LAN hardware to support voice, video, and data requirements. Develops system specifications, architecture designs, integration and test plans, and all relevant documentation. Develops risk management and mitigation strategy. Maintain compliance with QA standards as well as ensuring service performance indicators are met or exceeded.
More About the Role:
- Focus will be on Wireless Network Engineering
- Coordination of system maintenance, monitoring and installation of multiple LAN environments encompassing multiple specializations, platforms and technologies.
- Assist with research and implementation of wireless network solutions/capabilities/enhancements to support customer business/mission goals and objectives.
- Troubleshoot and resolve wireless network components.
- Evaluate and monitor health and performance of the network including hardware and management software.
- Develop and maintain a road map for capabilities, operations, and technologies.
- Assist with development and execution of test plans and supporting documentation of all network configuration upgrades, additions or revisions for customer approval before implementation.
- Support wireless network traffic analysis and bandwidth optimization efforts to ensure attainment of performance and availability objectives.
- Evaluate and report on new/emerging network/communication technologies to enhance capacity, performance and reliability of the network.
- Evaluate and recommend changes and/or technology upgrades to address performance, standardization and industry best practices
- Follows all Customer network security processes and procedures, ensures compliance with all Government policies.
- Represent customer requirements in technical exchanges with other government agencies.
- Perform site surveys to new installations and technology refresh.
- Installs, maintains and troubleshoots satellite communications equipment.
- Develop and maintain network architecture diagrams.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Security Clearance: active TS/SCI, with eligibility for CI polygraph
- Ability to work independently with little direction and guidance
- Ability to work weekends and evening hours as needed
- Excellent writing and communication skills, including the ability to develop analytical documents and present oral presentations to senior/executive management
- Proficient is MS Office suite – Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
- May need to deploy in support of U.S. contingency operations, up to 180 days.
- 15+ years related technical experience in Network and Transport technologies, tools, and techniques
- 8+ years experience with large-scale enterprise/global networks in a high paced diverse environment
- 3+ years experience with design and implementation of wireless in a secure, accredited production environment.
- Understanding and experience with the DoD Architecture Framework and other key DoD network architecture and strategic planning instructions
- Experience with CISCO and Juniper, switches, routers, Cryptographic devises, VPN and VPN client.
- Experience with accredited wireless products, such as HP/Aruba, operating in a secure environment
- Experience with Network analysis tools (CISCO Network Analysis Modules, Solar Winds Network Management, OPNET NetOne, HP Network Node Manager, etc.)
- Experience with CISCO firewall/VPN equipment (Adaptive Security Appliance, etc)
- Experience with supporting IP services to connect to NIPRNET, SIPRNET and JWICS (IPv4, VPN, IPv6, Multicast, QOS, SDN, SNMP, VOIP, VTC, etc)
- Experience with EIGRP, OSPF, BGP and multicast.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- CompTIA Security +
- CISCO CCNP, CCVP, CCNA or CCDP
- ITIL v3 Foundations
- ISC2 CISSP
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
US-St. Louis-MO-ST LOUIS
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.