Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Investment, Risk and Reinsurance
Our sophisticated approach to risk helps clients free up capital. We work in close concert with investors, reinsurers, and insurers to manage the equation between risk and return. Blending advanced analytics with deep institutional knowledge, we reveal new opportunities to maximize performance.
Insurance Consulting & Technology
As an advisor to more than three-quarters of the world’s leading insurers, Willis Towers Watson’s Insurance Consulting and Technology (ICT) business is the industry’s leading risk specialist and a leader in financial modelling. We have more actuaries and Chartered Enterprise Risk Analysts serving the insurance industry than any other professional services company.
Willis Towers Watson operates a number of outsourced actuarial function projects for a variety of Life Insurance companies in the UK.
As the new and only Operations Manager, you will have responsibilities across the whole portfolio of projects and ensuring they are operating efficiently and effectively with scope to steer the direction of the role and create value.
The outsourcing team is a dedicated, diverse and high-performing team with a strong team mentality. You will be an integral part of this team and involved in all aspects of the delivery.
You will report to the Outsourced Services Director.
Key aspects of the role are:
Ensure professional excellence and best practice is being followed across the portfolio.
• Demonstrable experience of Operations Management or Project Management role with responsibility for service delivery and client facing responsibilities.
• Relevant professional qualification – PMI / CII or equivalent industry standard.
• Strong interpersonal skills to include good written and verbal communication and presentational skills.
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi task, controlling multiple concurrent projects.
• Computer literate including competent IT skills with Microsoft Office products.
• Demonstrable problem solving and analytical skills relevant to a management role.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on any basis. We support flexible working and this role will be considered on a flexible basis.