Are you looking for an innovative data analytics and agriculture company with tremendous career growth potential? Join Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. as an HR Specialist!
What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation with farming and rural values? Farmer’s Business Network, Inc.!
We are proudly Farmers First℠. Created by farmers, for farmers, Farmers Business Network℠ (FBN℠) is an independent and unbiased farmer-to-farmer network of thousands of American farms. By enabling thousands of farmers to work together, anonymously and securely to democratize information, the FBN network is helping farmers level the playing field and put power back in farmers’ hands.
Farmers Business Network counts top VCs including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, and Acre Venture Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek among its investors. We are a dynamic, and innovative company in AgTech that offers competitive compensation and benefits.
We are excited to add a Human Resource Specialist to our growing HR team. A successful candidate will be hard-working, highly ethical, and able to think and act both strategically and independently. This position operates in a fast-paced environment and must be able to support FBN team member through effective communication and a solution focused approach.
This is a people-facing role where timely and accurate communications with employees is a must. Your role interfaces with employees beginning at offer acceptance and through all subsequent stages. You are joining a growing team and you will have the opportunity to help build programs and processes from the ground up.
- Prepare and process onboarding and hiring-related paperwork.
- Conduct reference or background checks on job applicants.
- Inform job applicants of details such as duties and responsibilities, compensation, benefits, schedules, working conditions, or promotion opportunities.
- Interpret and explain human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, or regulations.
- Interview job applicants to obtain information on work history, training, education, or job skills.
- Maintain and update human resources documents, such as organizational charts, employee handbooks or directories, or performance evaluation forms.
- Confer with management to develop or implement personnel policies or procedures.
- Advise management on organizing, preparing, or implementing HR, recruiting or retention programs.
- Maintain current knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws.
- Administer company training programs, including for regulated business activities such as OSHA, DOT
- Prepare or maintain employment records related to events such as hiring, termination, leaves, transfers, or promotions, using human resources management system software.
- Provide management with information or training related to interviewing, performance appraisals, counseling techniques, or documentation of performance issues.
- Address employee relations issues, such as harassment allegations, work complaints, or other employee concerns.
- Analyze employment-related data and prepare required reports.
- Conduct exit interviews and ensure that necessary employment termination paperwork is completed.
- Contact job applicants to inform them of the status of their applications.
- Develop or implement recruiting strategies to meet current or anticipated staffing needs.
- Assist the Human Resources Business Partner as needed
- Schedule or conduct new employee orientations.
- Assist the Recruiting team as needed
- Perform searches for qualified job candidates.
- Review employment applications and job orders to match applicants with job requirements.
- Select qualified job applicants or refer them to managers, making hiring recommendations when appropriate.
- Assist the Payroll and Benefits Administration team as needed
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years of HR experience preferably within a high growth environment.
- Proficiency in needs assessment and development of relevant training plans
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills, and possess a strong ability to educate, influence, and persuade.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be flexible and able to prioritize while working in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to work with persons of diverse backgrounds and interests.
- Ability to travel up to 20%
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation and title for this position may be adjusted to suit your experience and qualifications. We also offer an attractive benefits package that includes health, vision, and dental insurance.
Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in U.S. Citizenship and Immigration’s E-Verify program.