Security Architect - Workplace Technologies
Job no: COG-937123
Work type: Full time
Group: Corporate Operations Group
Recruiter: Phil James
Identity & Cyber Security (ICS), part of COG Technology, defends Macquarie’s information. The team ensures adequate protection of information from inappropriate disclosure, that integrity is maintained and information is available when required.
Key responsibilities include:
The Security Architecture and Innovation team is responsible for translating the business vision and strategy into effective enterprise change by creating, communicating and improving the key principles, standards and models that describe the enterprise future state. As part of its innovation charter, the team needs to stay abreast with the global security landscape and find innovative solutions to secure business initiatives through ongoing relationships with vendors and partners.
The Security Architecture and Innovation team consists of the Head of Security Architecture and Innovation, and multiple Security Architects.
· this role has responsibility for the security architecture of a service on a global basis
· have overall ownership of the roadmap related to the aligned service to both business needs and enterprise direction
· create guiding principles and standards to underpin the security of service designs
· develop reusable security architecture patterns
· engage the broader architecture community in evolution of the security of their aligned service
· facilitate the secure introduction of new technologies, change, opportunity and innovation
· reduce enterprise/application integration complexity while maintaining a secure posture
· drive the creation of reliable, supportable and secure service architecture
· the role is global and will be based in Sydney, with some global travel possible.
The following attributes are considered essential for the role:
· 7+ years experience in technical design and architecture roles
· 5+ years security experience in large enterprises, preferably in global financial services
· experience in security related to workplace technologies such as desktop/laptop systems and applications, cloud-based productivity technologies e.g. Microsoft Office365, and mobility platforms
· demonstrates a sound understanding of vendor technologies and roadmaps, and remains current with key IT industry themes and emerging trends
· demonstrates ability to build and maintain collaborative and trustful relationships with a variety of stakeholders
· familiarity with NIST and Open Security Architecture frameworks.
If this opportunity offers the challenge you're looking for, please apply here or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available. Our Technology Returner program is an opportunity for you to re-integrate yourself into the workforce following an extended professional career break. Find out more and apply at
06 Dec 2017 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Print application form
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend