At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
Job DescriptionJob Description
Located in Goleta, CA, this position will primarily be responsible for assuring successful facilitation and coordination of all required documentation during the acquisition of required licenses in support of various activities for assigned product lines:
- BIS-748 Export Licenses/Export License Exceptions
- Review requests for demonstrations and technical data releases and approve or seek authorizations as needed.
- Assure that status information is timely and accurate.
- Manage post license requirements to insure compliance with license approvals and conditions.
- Assist in the creation, review and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure company’s proper use and administration of US Government licenses, exceptions, exemptions, etc.
- Stay abreast of current U.S. export regulations, procedures, laws, policies, etc.
- Create and maintain relationships regarding import/export licensing with:
- Internal and external sales channels
- Other groups within FLIR
- Review new international orders for proper documentation; provide assistance and guidance as necessary, to ensure completeness and/or appropriateness of paperwork.
- Work with traffic departments as necessary to facilitate release of inbound and outbound freight.
- Support ISO9001, AS9100 audits as required.
- Strong Computer Skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint. SharePoint and SAP experience beneficial.
- Knowledge of US Export Laws and Regulations.
- Experience with auditing for implementation of trade compliance initiatives.
- Experience with collecting and analyzing data and preparing concise and timely reports.
- Ability to distill and communicate complicated issues (legal or technical) into easy to understand language.
- Knowledge of industry practices.
- Experienced with solving complex problems using collaborative techniques.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field (or combination of education and experience).
- 5 years direct experience with International Trade Regulations and/or Compliance.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.