Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek ---- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Join the fast-paced, high-performance Agilent Genomics R&D team in developing and deploying novel product offerings that help advance human health and fight cancer. You'll discover who we are -- inventors, scientists, engineers, and visionaries working together to deliver products and services that answer significant biological and clinical questions.
We are seeking a highly motivated software professional to join our team of software experts and bioinformaticians.
* Understanding both development and operational dimensions of delivering a cloud solution to market and maintaining it.
* Create rapid, functional prototypes to aid in vetting technical directions.
* Maintain and improve continuous integration of already developed Genomics software.
* MS degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related fields or a combination of education and experience
* 5+ years software development work experience in Java and related technologies.
* 2+ years of experience in developing and deploying cloud applications using technologies like
o AWS EC2, VPC, and S3
o AWS CloudFormation, ECS
o Big Data: data model design, DynamoDB,
o AWS IAM, Glacier, CloudWatch, Route53
* Experience with distributed computing tools like Apache Spark or similar.
* Industrial Experience with Design Patterns
Preferred Qualifications -
* Process Management: Docker
* Configuration Management: Ansible
* CI/CD -- Jenkins, Bamboo
* Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket)
* Scripting with Python
* AWS Certifications
* Experience with working in a regulated environment (like HIPPA), Cloud Security Architecture, third party security tools/platforms, encryption, IAM policies/roles, etc.
* Experience with at least one of the following databases: PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Oracle DB, MySQL, NoSQL
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law' poster available here:
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact +1-262-754-5030 (US and Canada only) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Santa Clara, CA, United States - Bldg 5 Lobby