Who Are We?
Live Nation Entertainment is the world’s leading live entertainment and eCommerce company, comprised of four market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, Front Line Management Group and Live Nation Network.
As the largest producer of live music concerts, Live Nation Concerts operates over 45 venues across the United States. For additional information, visit http://www.livenationentertainment.com/.
Who Are You?
Employees have a leading role in the service experience our guests have. The extent to which we recognize our employees for service well done, is the extent to which they will care not only for the guests, but for each other.
That’s why SAFETY for employees and guests is our first priority. We show CARE around every corner and look to create ENCORE moments of service excellence for everyone. And our commitment to EFFICIENCY, is our way of staying well-organized. So join us! We need these kinds of skills and talents as we Create Once in a Lifetime Experiences for our Fans.
The Security Manager is responsible for the overall management of the security department to ensure guest, employee, artist and venue safety. Also control's cost and insures total guest satisfaction by guarding, patrolling, monitoring the premises to prevent theft, violence, or infractions of rules.
· Work in conjunction with the General Manager and Operations Manager to ensure compliance with all policies and procedures that relate to the security department as well as local, state and federal laws and regulations.
· Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
· Moves throughout the venue and all areas to visually monitor and take corrective action when needed.
· Provides guidance and improvement and implements necessary adjustments.
· Investigates and resolves security complaints. Interacts positively with guests
· Circulate among visitors, patrons, or employees to preserve order and protect property.
· Writes reports of daily activities and irregularities such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
· Interviews, selects, trains, supervises, counsels and disciplines security staff for the efficient operation of the security department.
· Organizes and conducts meetings and communicates pertinent information to the staff. Schedules and directs staff in their work assignments.
· Regularly reviews and evaluates the department and recommends and implements new operational policies and procedures when necessary.