We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
Reporting to the manager of software engineering with the Game Development Applications Services team, the role will offer a recognized expert the chance to develop and maintain software applications to support the world-wide game development process of EA. You will work as part of a development team or independently to deliver timely solutions and services to teams involved in the game development. As an advanced level team member, you will provide guidance and supervision to the other members on the team and provide third level user support and assistance in the administration of production services. You will lead and coordinate the most advanced initiatives of the team, including code reviews and code review standards, system integration testing, architect and implement SDKs. May also be required to step in as team leader or coordinator.
What a Senior .Net Software Engineer does at EA:
Coding, language, architectural design, testing and support
- Develops solutions as part of the game development application services portfolio that are modular, portable, testable and reliable;
- Participates to code reviews and provides constructive feedback on design and implementation to help others improve coding skills;
- Manages complex interactions between different modules and libraries of code throughout a large software system;
- Creates, coordinates and conducts system integration testing for domains of ownership;
- Diagnoses complex memory and threading/concurrency related issues; is the go-to software engineer for complex bugs;
- Participates in the resolution of support tickets assigned to the group;
- Participate in support and administrative actions related to the installation and maintenance of production systems;
Requirements analysis and planning
- Clearly documents the requirements, reviews and validates consistency and coverage of requirements with customers;
- Actively takes part in any negotiations or discussions regarding the necessary requirements, and provide feedback to all parties involved;
- Effectively reports progress and status through regular email or face to face communication with appropriate leads/managers;
The next great EA Senior .Net Software Engineer also needs:
- 8+ years of real industry experience developing multi-tier web and mobile applications in object oriented programming environments;
- 5+ years of experience of working with standard Microsoft.NET web development including C#, ASP.NET MVC, HTML 5, CSS3, WCF, REST API, jQuery, Bootstrap, Ajax;
- 5+ years of experience with advanced Microsoft .NET framework technologies like LINQ, collections, generics, exception handling, concurrency, multithreading, asynchronous programming, garbage collection;
- 5+ years of experience in database development using Microsoft SQL Server, NoSQL variants and related programming data access technologies (ADO.NET, ORMs, OData);
- experience building scalable, highly available, mission critical applications;
- good knowledge and experience of using industry recognized practices like unit testing, dependency injection, continuous integration and delivery;
- solid knowledge of design patterns, performance issues and troubleshooting strategies;
- excellent verbal and written communication and customer service skills;
- ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high volume, deadline-driven environment;
- ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- professionalism in dealing with all levels of management and staff;
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location: https://www.facebook.com/ElectronicArtsRomania
Don’t Just Play It – Create It!
Read Full Description