At Datadog, we’re on a mission to build the best monitoring platform in the world. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—and high availability, providing always-on alerting, visualization, and tracing for our customers' infrastructure and applications around the globe.
Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way. You’ll join a team that helps inform our data-driven strategies, and helps us better understand both our customers and our own operations. Your specific role will be to scout new internal data, make sense of it, prepare it for use, and determine what value it may have to the organization.
You will have a fantastic team of data scientists and engineers to support you, a collaborative environment to encourage your work, and the best technologies for performing data collection and analysis at high scale in your toolkit.
Join us to build powerful, intelligent products. In a typical week as a front-line data analyst, you might:
- Gather data about customer behavior, business objectives, and IT infrastructure from a range of sources (logs, PostgreSQL, AWS S3, Redshift, spreadsheets, various APIs, etc...)
- Explore and find meaning in extremely high volumes of data
- Work with product managers, designers, and engineers to facilitate data-driven decision making
- Present findings to team leads and executives
- Assess our analytical needs, and work with engineering teams to better instrument parts of our product and produce new datasets
- You are a SQL expert.
- You can work with data in a language such as Python, R, or Julia.
- You’ve mastered data analysis and visualization in Excel, Google Sheets, Tableau and/or similar.
- You're comfortable using command line tools to gather data from a wide range of systems.
- You can explain complex datasets in understandable ways.
- A natural curiosity and investigative mindset - driven to ask “why”.
- You have a BS in a scientific field or equivalent experience.
- You want to work in a fast, high-growth startup environment and thrive on autonomy.
Read Full Description
- Experience with AWS Redshift, S3, Google Big Query/Cloud Dataproc, Spark, Hive, Hadoop